on 11 December 2011
***Updated 29 September 2012***
Of all the S100G series helicopters, I had considered the S108G to be my least favourite because of it's unusual (rapid) turn/rudder response. However the price has just dipped, and with this heli having such good detail and scale like appearance, I have ordered a second S108G. The second one behaves slightly differently; the reverse speed is good much like the other Syma micro helis. The parts from two helicopters should ensure I always have one heli serviceable. You really can not beat the Syma S100G series of micro helicopters for stability, ultimate control for indoor flight, low initial cost and low running costs.

Original Review:
Another great heli from Syma:
- It has stability, response and power (climb) comparable to the S107G, but not quite as fast
- It can be operated with finesse at slow forward speed - better than the S107G
- It has a distinctive 'off/on' (all or nothing) rudder response - producing a very rapid on the spot turn
- Has the best scale model real helicopter appearance - very good detail indeed
- Reverse speed is poor.
on 20 July 2017
Crab
on 7 September 2015
Grandson was delighted with this. Flies well and is easy to handle.
on 27 January 2014
Top fun! Highly recommended to help you find that inner child! Not had as much fun in a ages lol
on 30 July 2011
This remote control helicopter has to be the best buy for beginners, in the instructions it says their is only 6-8 minutes play time for a 40 minute charge, mine easily makes 15 minutes play time for a 40 minute charge with the USB charger which is handy as the remote control charger eats batteries for lunch. The indestructableness of this toy is amazing! It has smacked the roof rolled down the stairs, propellers trapped in between a door (and been fine after)! i have had it 1 month and the only breakage was the very small back propellar which i fixed but if it is un fixable their is a spare one so you dont need to worry about buying a new one! Age ranges for this toy i would recommend 6-90 year olds it is just as enjoyable for all ages!
0Comment| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 May 2011
I know it's quite new but I'm surprised there are no reviews of this helicopter yet. I got one yesterday and it's blown me away. I've got several S107Gs, and this latest S108G is not only a really beautiful little (virtually) scale model but is even more precise to fly than a S107G, which is saying something. I just hope it lasts. I've got beyond the crashing stage, but as a reviewer of the S107G said, when something this good is produced this cheaply, you simply have to adopt the philosophy of accepting that a percentage will not work out of the box and some will last not very long before malfunctioning or experiencing severe battery performance degradation. Having said that, my three original four-month-old S107Gs are still functioning perfectly after daily flying and some truly horrendous training crashes which you simply would not believe a model helicopter could survive without damage, let alone fly afterwards without any trim change. One of the keys to longevity is careful battery use, never run the battery right down in flight, and always allow ten or fifteen minutes after flying before recharging. I really hope this S108G keeps going, because it's just a blast. These Syma micro helis, although less sophisticated than the significantly more expensive and undeniably superior E-Flite micro helis that I also have, are to me more fun to own, being far more solidly constructed of alloy and plastic, and fun to dismantle and maintain. The fact that this is a scale model (apart from the extra rotors) is great, I look forward to a Huey to the same scale! Now that would be something.
11 Comment| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 July 2011
This Syma Marine 108 G is awwwesome. I had a Fiery Dragon but that was no good in the wind outdoors, then I got an Apache but that just flew round in circles, so I bought the Marine. This helicopter is very quick and very agile. You can manoeuvre it in very tight spaces, it hovers effortlessly and takes off and lands like a real helicopter. It lasts for 15 mins on a 20 plus min charge. I have crashed the .... out of it and it still flies@!X* I fly everyday...but I jus bought a Stealth V2 RC Boat...
on 9 August 2014
Excellent but its a shame the battery doesn't last long. These were purchase as a stocking filler for the kids (my husband 52, daughter 24 and son in law 32 lol) we had the ones that were all the rage a few years ago and these ones have come on in leaps and bounds, as I said its a shame the batteries need charging so often as they just got into them and had to wait for the charge up. I suppose given a couple if years and the batteries will be better. Would recommend these little beauties, loads of fun !
on 27 January 2012
This little helicopter is well worth the £20 odd pounds. Just a few things that you need to know. First, make sure that you have 6 decent rechargeable batteries not disposable as they just won't last.2nd, buy a pack of spare main rota blades for a few pounds on amazon. They are easy to break when you hit the ceiling, but easy to replace even for a non-DIY-er like me. You just need a micro screwdriver.The blades for the S108 are exactly the same as those on the S107 which I also have, and I assume most of the other Syma helicopters. 3rd, practice flying the thing up and down only to begin with. I don't bother charging it from the USB cable I just plug it into the remote controller and it fully charges in less than an hour. I can do this at least 5 times before I have to recharge the batteries in the controller. Not sure how long it flies for as haven't timed it but I am guessing around 10 minutes. This little machine is ideal for the living or dining room. You will have hours of fun, albeit in 10 minute intervals between charges. Oh and this is fine for the under 14s as well. My 8 year old daughter can fly it as well as I can and it doesn'te hurt when it hits you - unless it gets you in the face ! No don't worry the blades are a soft plastic and not sharp so it is unlikely to cut you. Highly recomended.
on 5 September 2011
Superb Service Will Use Again. I Have Used And Enjoyed The Helicopter Very Much It Does What It Says On The Box And Much More. 5 * * * * *