Customer reviews

on 12 October 2013
I bought this album as a gift for my mother. She is elderly and she loves this kind of music. Essentially, it is a collection of ballads and uptempo rock'n roll type songs from the 1950s and early 1960s. Most of these songs are well-known classics, but there are several more obscure songs on here too. She enjoyed this album and I did too. However, I have a couple of points to make. I feel that the other reviewers are being a little too generous with their five-star ratings for this album. It is very good and well worth-buying, but.....one of my gripes is that the other reviewers say this is part of the Dreamboats And Petticoats collection. It is very similar in presentation and includes very similar songs, but this album is part of a different series and is even released by a different record company to the Dreamboats albums. I also noticed a glaring mistake on the packaging of this album, where it states that the songs are "original tracks from the original artists". However, I discovered that this was not the case, because some of the songs are very obviously re-recordings, notably Neil Sedaka's Oh Carol, which sounds different and Carl Perkin's Blue Suede Shoes, which is a completely different version to the version that I had heard before. These reasons are why I have taken one star from my overall rating, but, if you can forgive these mistakes or you just don't care about them, then please buy this album and I am sure that you will enjoy it. I certainly enjoyed hearing most of these songs, so I can almost recommend it, but not quite. So, four stars from me, for this very good but flawed album.
on 18 March 2017
GSREAT CD ALL THE OLDIE LOVE SONGS
on 20 June 2017
this item is very good
on 25 June 2017
Good music
on 28 June 2017
love all the cds good for the price. x
on 18 April 2017
Fantastic
on 26 April 2017
Fast delivery really pleased
TOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 30 September 2010
There are 50 original recordings on this set with many well known performers and some perhaps now almost forgotten. The pace is cracking and hearing again Tommy Steele and Tallahasse Lassie; Duane Eddy & Cannonball; Ritchie Valens, Donna; Craig Douglas & Only Sixteen; Johnny Mathis & Misty; Little Richard & Baby Face rolled back the years starightaway. With a running time of approx 120 minutes this is great value and a real slice of nostalgia.