Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.49

on 18 July 2017
Brilliant, this is my kind of music. Can't fault it
This CD comes from the Delta ASWAS series of Film Musicals. The first 16 tracks come from the soundtrack album and the remaining 8 are bonus performances from a number of stars and include some Broadway performances not in the film too. The sound quality is crisp and the combination of film and bonus tracks make this an alternative compilation that for the price is great value. OK, so there are no liner notes but you do get the track info and the cover looks great. This is part of a big series, at least 15, so look out for them if you want to access original recordings and more. Running time approx 64 minutes.
on 16 March 2010
This is a fine musical and this particular soundtrack cd does full justice to the score. No matter that Marlon Brando and Jean Simmons are not good singers these songs speak (or rather sing) for themselves. The supporting cast are excellent (Frank. Vivienne,Stubby etc) Ths cd is an ideal accompaniment to a very under rated musical film!
P.S. The bonus tracks are first rate too!
on 8 May 2010
A great version of a great musical deserves better than this CD. The sound quality is truly woeful and in mono (listen to the magical, stereo quality of the songs on the same DVD soundtrack). In fact, Stubby Kaye etc do a much better job on the film version rather than (I presume) these studio offerings which are in slightly different keys. Granted, it is nice to include some of the remaining songs which were omitted from the film, but they cannot compensate for the shoddy transfer.
on 20 August 2010
I bought this CD for my Mum who is in her 80's and had it sent to her direct through the excellent Amazon redirect service.

She called me tonight in tears saying that she had been waiting since 1955 to find an original soundtrack to the first film that she and my Dad went to when they were courting. She said she had played it 3 times from start to finish and was as happy as I have ever heard her.

Thank you Amazon.
on 6 May 2015
Lovely soundtrack although I made a mistake and thought I'd purchased the DVD. This morning I received an email from 'Amazon' and the film is now on sale. I hope they don't send me the American DVD that I couldn't view on my player as this has happened to somebody who purchased this !
on 31 December 2014
brilliant, tuneful, original, good in the car.
on 7 April 2016
Decent sound quality, good price at ~5 pounds.
on 5 March 2016
Very enjoyable, especially good for singalong!
on 17 May 2013
A boon to my daughter who has the female lead in this performance for her school summer show

She can listen to the songs and sing along to her heart's content (and I am in the background humming along with my memories)