Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 1 December 2013
This is a nice-looking dress but the fabric is fairly nasty. My daughter couldn't have worn it all day at school as it was too itchy/scratchy. The 'bag' is tiny, certainly not big enough to keep anything substantial in nor is it big enough to be a replica gas mask bag. The beret is very much just a shower cap but no less authentic for that. It is cheap in price too though so hard to complain too much. However, one can buy a more authentic and more substantial (and much nicer) outfit here:
Evacuee Girl with Coat - Childrens Fancy Dress Costume
Also, it's well worth visiting the 'Resources for Teaching' shopfront (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&me=A1LZV1LE44GCWX) for authentic replica extras.
on 2 May 2017
Although this does look quite good on the whole as an oufit, it wasn't as good quality as I thought it was going to be and it's very thin material.
The buttons finish above where the skirt meets the top part of the outfit and there is quite a gap in the material where it does up & the seam attaches to the skirt. I sewed this gap up and it was fine but was a shame I had to do this in the first place.
The brown bag that comes with the outfit is tiny but it does help to finish off the look. The green beret is ok, very thin material but again it helps to finish off the look.
Overall, it was fine for the dress up day at school we needed it for and it did the job.
on 13 November 2015
I can't upload photos of this. It's terrible. Awful fabric. Itchy, see through polyester. The bag is the size of my hand (I have average sized hands!), and made from the worst piece of felt I have ever seen.
The hat? What can I say to explain? It's a piece of paper thin plasticky fabric, it, like the whole ensemble, sucks. I have no idea what the 5* reviewers had? Not this, surely. The ID label is also a piece of felt. This whole thing is a piece of ....
on 12 April 2013
I read the other reviews and so purchased the item already dubious about the quality but what everyone said was accurate... the quality is diabolical!

The name tag that looks like cardboard on the picture is a piece of felt badly sewn to the dress with a teardrop shaped piece of silver material that the child can't relate to as what it is so it has no meaning as a name tag. Disappointing, as this is a key piece to understand in the curriculum if they are studying WWII at school.

My daughter likes the beret and the shape is cute but the fabric is so thin it is see-through.

The dress is paper thin and cannot be worn without something underneath both to keep them warm enough and also to protect modesty as, like another reviewer suggested, the dress gapes at the crotch and is also slightly see-through when held up to the light.

The bag I have instantly binned and even my daughter hated it as it was tiny and made of very poor quality fabric.

That said the counter argument is it's cheap and you get what you pay for and what do you want to pay for a one off use? I personally think you can get much better quality costumes in other genres for the same price and is it okay for one day?... For me personally, no. The weather is too cold and the material too flimsy for my seven year old to wear this as is. It is going to cost me extra money to replace the bag, put a better ticket on it and get something to put underneath. The beret will do. I may even purchase an alternative.
on 16 May 2014
The hat and dress/coat were a bit thin but for the price, pretty well made. Served the purpose of a WW2 day well.

The downsides: I had to sew the hole up between the bottom button and the bottom of the opening as my daughter's tummy would have been showing! The label is a bit tacky (felt with lines sewn onto it) so we took it off and made our own card one. The bag is flimsy felt and we didn't end up using it.

Would I buy it again? Yes, as I wasn't relying on the accessories (bag/label) anyway.
on 25 April 2017
My daughter reallylooked the part for her school WW11 dress up day. She still uses it to play dress up! She also uses the little bag frequently when going out as it's the perfect size to keep her phone & keys in!
on 9 February 2017
Item arrived on time which was great as it was for my daughters class play today. She excitedly tried it on, only to notice the seam around the waistline around the back was undone by 3" which was extremely disappointing. I couldn't order another one in time for the play today so had to improvise with something else, a total waste of money.
on 3 April 2014
Whilst it is true that the dress and hat are very thin and I think the bag is made of felt, I still consider it to be good value for the money paid because I couldn't get a cheaper World War 2 girl's outfit anywhere else, or delivered so quickly. My daughter definitely liked her outfit for World Book Day so it served it's purpose - she was Lucy Pevensie from The Chronicles of Narnia.
on 10 July 2016
Bought this for my daughters ww2 day at school, was a little worried after reading other reviews but looks great on. Yes the fabric a little scratchy, the bag a little small but what do you expect for 8.82 including delivery! I certainly didn't want to spend more then that when its for one day and unlikely to wear again. It fitted my slim 8 year old great.
on 13 July 2016
Bought for a dress as a book-character day and a school project. Quality lacks but it did the job and looked the part. Besides, it's not like it's going to be woren very often.