Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 February 2013
There was a short period when my passion for music faltered, I stuck to what I had ignoring new releases and even neglected a lot of my CD collection. This sad state was happily broken when on re discovering the SCUZZ channel and was greeted by new videos of Mastadon and Megadeth as well as the band Asking Alexandria a band who I knew nothing of but who made me think I should start listening to music again.

For an easy sound comparison I would say that Asking Alexandria are what happens when you put Slipknot and Enter Shikari into a metal core blender. It is a bit chaotic on first listen, and actually some songs sound a bit jarringly comical, but it does all make sense eventually.

Check out the track `A Lesson Never Learned' which nicely brings together the rough and the smooth, to get a good idea of Asking Alexandria firing on all pistons, all of their parts come together in a finely crafted manner and shows off their full potential.

On the whole the album is probably a bit of a love it or hate it marmite affair, it will not appeal to any genre snobs (but we don't care about them) this album is solid and at times exciting and if you listen with an open mind you will be rewarded.

Track List:
Another Bottle Down
Reckless and Relentless
Morte et Dabo
on 18 August 2012
Its August 2012 as I'm writing this, I first discovered Asking Alexandria in late 2010 & Stand Up & Scream Blew me away to be honest, so I knew it would be hard to beat the liking I had for that album.

This album being the second one from them, is a very good album, a little sketchy in some places. You can hear the musicianship becoming more passionate as the riffs have become a lot more intricate rather than the original approach of "chugging" with a few powerchords thrown in for a chorus, personally I liked that approach & style simple yet heavy & fun!

Buy both albums & the forthcoming third album! If you're into metalcore & "insert random title here" core then you'll appreciate the music of Asking Alexandria :p
on 1 April 2014
I love my music, espeically metal. The only way to describe AA is 'in yer face'. Screaming guitars riffs and vocals from Danny Worsnop. Its THE album to vent out your anger too if you've had a bad day. In the sleeve notes Danny says if you dont like the music they make, DONT LISTEN! I agree with him. Metalcore isnt for eveybody, but for people who love the harder sound, its a bloody good listen.
on 12 April 2011
British Metalcore band Asking Alexandria return with there Sophomore effort, Reckless and Relentless which, truthfully, has come out a bit of a mixed bag.

Welcome - Average introduction, a bit of roaring near the end of it. 2 Stars.
Dear Insanity - An interesting song that like most Asking Alexandria tracks is quite ferocious and has a bit of melody, but failed to impress. 3 Stars.
Closure - It's heavy and trance laden, listening to it reminded partly of A Prophecy and Final Episode from Stand Up And Scream. Great! 5 Stars.
A Lesson Never Learned - Quite symphonic, very heavy and ferocious but seems a bit unpolished and all over the place at times. Theres some nice melody but I feel that could have been apart of a whole different song instead of this. They had some good ideas for this, but as I said it's a bit too all over the place to enjoy. 3 Stars.
To The Stage - Big breakdowns, decent melodies, vocals are very polished on this song and the song works unlike Dear Insanity and A Lesson Never Learned. 4 Stars.
Dedication - Just an interlude, nothing special. I'm not rating this.
Someone, Somewhere - One of the better songs on the album, a nice bit of Electronica, it's also a very melodic track. It also has a very nice guitar solo. 5 Stars
Breathless - This song reminded me a little bit of Atreyu at times. The breakdowns and the riffs have been used many times before by Asking Alexandria and the song lacks originality and seems rather recycled. 3 Stars.
The Match - Suffers from the same problem as Breathless, this track didn't keep me very interested and I felt like skipping the track at times. 2 Stars.
Another Bottle Down - Cant say much for this song, just feels like filler. 2 Stars.
Reckless & Relentless - The album's title track doesn't let up and luckily doesn't fall into the trap of feeling too all over the place, it put a smile on my face when I heard the lyric, "I AM ROCK AND ROLL", not too bad a track, heavy riffs, breakdowns, gang vocals and Electronica. 5 Stars.
Morte Et Dabo - Ferocious and Frantic, decent melodic vocals and a couple of great breakdowns. When listening to it kind of makes you wanna destroy everything in your path. Good way to end the album. 5 Stars.

It's not bad, but its not great either, Asking Alexandria haven't really brought anything new to there music and a lot of songs just sound recycled and fail to keep interest.
on 10 August 2012
Already knew all the songs when it arrived and already had them on my iPod, just wanted the CD too!
I personally find Askings first album better an this, but I still love both! Listen to their songs all the time but this CD is slightly different from Askins previous songs!
on 27 January 2013
One of the best albums I have ever bought. Asking Alexandria never fail to tell the truth in their songs, not leaving out the emotional and painful details, their music being what anyone in pain needs to hear. Loved it
on 28 February 2013
This is my absolute favourite Asking album!!! I've had it on repeat ever since I bought it ! My favourite tracks probably Breathless but I love EVERY song so much! :D highly recommend
on 1 November 2013
Asking Alexandria have to be one of my favourite bands and this is just great. This is a must buy as it's simply great.
on 9 October 2013
Personally I cant stand this group (what a row), but my 15 year old daughter loves it, therefore five stars from her.
on 2 December 2014
One of my favourite AA Albums, especially Dedication and Someone Somewhere. Amazing on CD and amazing live