on 29 December 2014
Thoroughly enjoyable and mystical and strange and fey and if you like this sort of thing, which I do, mixed with native american shamanism and coyote then you will love it as I did!
on 2 February 2013
Well done Patricia. Excellent series of books on a very interesting topic.Involving shape shifters, were wolves, Vampires etc.Read these books.
on 31 March 2013
As always Patricia Briggs delivers a great story, with twists and turns galore. A good read that develops Mercy Thompson's character further.
on 12 July 2016
I am a huge fan of this series and loved the native American intrigue and mystery in this somewhat different and aptly named fantasy novel.
I suppose when you get a book like Silver Borne where there's been so much happening and you see the start of Mercy and Adam's HEA, you expect so much of the actual book that has their wedding, which River Marked does. For me, unfortunately, whilst it does give us more of an insight into Mercy, it was anticlimactic.

The books starts with Mercy and Adam setting off on honeymoon, but there's barely any truly romantic time for them, and when you do get a love scene, it's along the lines of the old-fashioned Mills and Boon from the 50's, where everything fades....

Still, there is a decent tale here, though why this supernatural baddie had to pop up now and involve Adam and Mercy, is a bit unbelievable. She's been through so much and Adam has been so patient and careful that I wanted them to have a wild time, a time where they could truly learn to be mates and to express themselves freely, now that Mercy is over her trauma. I also wanted to see some of Mercy's friends, but apart from Warren and Kyle, a brief mention of Stefan and Jesse making an odd appearance or two (mainly by phone), we don't get to see anyone.

Yes, it has moved the series on a bit, as we know why Mercy's unknown father was...or not, but overall, I was wanting a real glimpse at a HEA, some romance as well as intrigue and drama - which this book for me failed to deliver. Still, I will get the next in the series, but I think that the Alpha and Omega series for me is overtaking Mercy Thompson as my fave.
VINE VOICEon 19 March 2011
I really enjoyed this book and read it practically in one sitting. What I liked: Seeing Stefan, and Warren and Kyle (and a little bit of Ben) since they are favourites. I loved the whole Indian myths and legends stuff, the stuff with and about her father, and of course Coyote. I liked that we got more back story on her father. I thought the story went along at a good pace and I really didn't want to put it down. I don't read it for the romance, I read it for the plot, and Adam is not a favourite of mine so I don't care if there was less "romance" in this book since it's urban fantasy and not paranormal romance anyway. But they were on their honeymoon and they were doing what people do on a honeymoon so I guess that's romance enough.

What I didn't like so much: The wedding stuff was all a bit weird though, and the stuff with Stefan seemed a bit rushed, and why did it take so long for her to go check on him anyway? All the possessive "mate" stuff seemed a bit over the top and after years of being her own person and resisting that sort of control, Mercy is now embracing it like a good little wifey, but maybe that's how it should be *shrug*

As I said, I thought the book moved along at a good pace but there was a bit nearer the end (after the ceremony) where it really seemed to drag for a while and then it picked up again.

Overall I really enjoyed it and I finished it in no time. I've given it 4/5.
on 17 January 2015
The book was a really good read and another good chapter in Mercy Thompson's life and must read for anyone who likes the series
on 24 March 2013
Another brilliant book excellent read as always kept me up until 1am trying to finish, can`t wait to read the next one
on 7 January 2014
I read the first five books not realizing there was more till I searched my kindle. Kind of addicted to the stories.
on 5 May 2014
OMG!!! Very good book! I laughed through out this book & cried just as much. Such a good read it's a must buy book!