1,210

on 23 April 2012
When it comes to buying something pretty basic like batteries there are only a few criteria to consider before ordering. For me the most important ones are price, customer service and shelf life. Price is probably the most important factor and in my view you can't beat the price of these. As a keen photographer and confirmed gadget geek I get through a lot of batteries, the whole house seems to run on them so its good to be able to buy a pack of 32 like this for a price I would be happy to get an 8 or 12 pack for in the store. When I ordered I bought a 32 pack of AA and a 32 pack of AAA for under £10 each. Not only is the price great they arrived in just a few days on free postage. My biggest concern was what date they would have on them, for the price I honestly expected them to have a very short shelf life, I was wrong, they are dated 2018! I immediately ordered another 32 pack for my dad and recommended them to friends. In future I will always be buying my packs of batteries from here, highly recommended
on 16 December 2012
I've never had trouble with Duracell batteries before, but I purchased a 32-pack from Amazon themselves, not a marketplace seller and they leaked in 2 pieces of equipment even though they were well in date. One item never worked again. Very disappointed and won't buy again. I'm going to try Amazon's own brand AAs and Which? magazines recommendation of Energizers instead.
on 6 November 2013
I bought this pack thinking that they would come in useful as batteries are always required and with the advertised long life it seemed like a great price. However, I have been through one box already purely on a wireless mouse that doesn't even get used on a daily basis. I have tried the batteries in other devices and they don't appear to last. Either I have a bad batch or these are not very good! I will be writing to Amazon in the hope they will look into this
on 21 April 2013
this batch of Duracell do not last long in my Canon flash gun at all: a few flashes and they are finished! Normally the batteries last many times longer. Dodgy batch? Counterfeit? or seconds?
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 January 2014
Arrived quickly and worked well - seemed to be the genuine article. No issues as all with them, no dates on the pack but has a 10 year storage label on them and I tested a couple from each packet and all worked fine and were okay a couple of weeks later.

The price is excellent - you get almost double the amount for the price in a supermarket.

Highly recommended.
on 23 November 2015
Genuine batteries. These come in a single Duracell bulk pack

I have to edit this review, the batteries have a shockingly poor life although they are marked March 2025.

I am using 4 batteries a week in my Mac keyboard compared to 2 a month and having to make regular trips to the local recycling facility for disposal. I did persevere with them thinking there may be a few bad ones in the box, there is no single bad battery. They are all terrible.

Are they really genuine? I would avoid and buy full price
on 7 November 2015
You can easily pay a premium for Duracell batteries, but buying in bulk helps keep the cost down and to be honest we all know they are one of the better brands that do last for longer, so the extra pennies spent result in less battery purchases.

Always have a pack of these in a drawer ready for that moment when a bedside clock or remote stops working.
on 14 July 2016
I have bought this item several times now and found no fault at all with the batteries.
They have a long shelf life date and are very competitively priced.
I use a lot of batteries in my job and good quality is needed. These batteries are !
Bought a pack of 32 as the price was pretty good. What I received was a bit of a mixed bag of nuts. They were all Duracell, but they had a wide range of use by dates. 1 pack had 6 months left. Whilst the battery can still perform, it does suggest that they have been sitting in a factory somewhere for a couple of years. I used these batteries first in an LED light that took 8 cells. They performed OK and were still working past the use by date. I regularly use this light in my garage and in fairness, they lasted as long as I would expect a decent battery. I used another pack as a replacement and these were well within the use by date. About 1 month in, the light was playing up and not switching on. I found a bad cell that had leaked and corroded a battery terminal. I replaced the one cell, cleaned the terminal and all was working again (and still is).

A Third pack was used for various remote controls and again I had one bad cell that started to swell and leak slightly. The forth pack is in storage. I tested them this morning to find 1 cell was flat, but others were fine. I wondered if the cells that leaked were flat when used and were compensated by the other cells.

I guess it could be argued that 3 bad cells out of 32 isn't bad, but I paid for 32 cells and expect them all to work. Apart from that, the good cells worked as expected and performed as Duracell promise.
on 8 March 2013
I bought some of these batteries last year after getting frustrated with rechargeables and their short life. Today i finally chucked the last ones in the bin and out of the 32 i got none lasted more than a few weeks. It wouldn't be so bad but they were mostly in remote controls and I had some in a wii controller where they were dead within a week. I'm not sure whether these were counterfeit or just rubbish batteries oh and probably half of them leaked too. Absolute rubbish.