on 4 February 2013
This is the best book on SEO I've read, a must have for anyone with a website. Every page is packed with valuable information that I've used successfully so far. Also, the book is a pleasure to read, easy to understand even for those who don't know anything about SEO.
on 29 July 2012
Great well written book, lots of hits an tips and easy understanding. Written by a true pro. Will be using this book again and again for future reference. The book opens your mind out to the world of Seo and online marketing. Highly recommended and would buy any book from these writers from now on.
on 2 December 2012
Evan spells it out how to get to the top of google. The perfect guide for all types of readers but amazing for beginners (myself) who just want some clear step by step info that isn't contradictory or confusing.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 September 2011
Outsmarting Google is a bit of a misnomer. It's not about tricking Google into giving your site a high page rank. In other words, you won't hear useless advice like keyword stuffing or hiding that will get your site black marked. Instead, this book is much more practical, seeking to teach us the things that will help build trust with Google which in turn will make our website appear earlier in key search engine results.

Although people are becoming more aware that quality content is key to bringing potential customers to their sites, there is still quite a lot of misunderstandings about the significance of page rankings. Many will still do anything to get their rank up. To this end, they plant links on link farms which inevitably backfires. Next, they try to optimize keywords in their site content. When they go overboard, of course, Google freezes them out.

Building trust with Google takes time. Yes, there are ways and means to help that process along. Outsmarting Google even provides a lot of good advice for doing so. However, the best advice this book provides is to create a website that provides quality content for potential customers.
on 7 May 2012
I should not write this review because I wish I was the only one with this knowledge.
I have read so many books about SEO and marketing and most of them are hundreds of pages to get to one good point if I am lucky. Sometimes there are no good points in them. This book on the other hand has great advice and content on every single page and I got excited the more I read as it made SEO so easy to understand.
This is the most honest and useful book on SEO ever written. After reading this book I placed all my other SEO books in the bin.
I always put action behind my words so my company have just hired Evan Bailyn to do our SEO.
on 7 September 2012
Outsmarting Google is a must have book for anyone with a small business,Outsmarting Google: SEO Secrets to Winning New Business (Que Biz-Tech) who is confused by all of the jargon that is associated with SEO and website marketing. I took this book on holiday with me and thought that I might learn a few tips from dipping in and out of the book. In reality I read this book from front to back and was completely absorbed by all of the relevant information it had to offer. A first class read!
on 3 October 2011
This is an easy to understand book on what you need to do to fight your way through the search engine jungle. Written by an English major and SEO expert this book will take you from the first steps in SEO right the way through to creating the ultimate website that cannot be ignored. Each area of SEO is broken down into easily understandable chunks. Written with a lightness of touch, but seriousness of intent, this book will educate and entertain.
on 17 May 2012
I'm reluctant to share this secret because of the powerful information it gave me but fair is fair and it deserves a 5 star review and wholehearted recommendation. As Evan Bailyn says, in any case secrets don't stay secret for long. Google is constantly improving its algorithm and as the SEO 'experts' catch on to Evan's findings, it will certainly find a way to move the goalposts. For the moment though, forget about everything you have read or been told about SEO and buy this book. This is the one true authority and the only one you need. (For the moment)
Edit. I should also add that the yahoo webmaster tools he recommends using such as the inbound link index are no longer available as they have merged with Bing. Things change fast!
on 13 November 2011
When I first picked up this book, I knew nothing about SEO, and I'd never written a line of code. I'm not a computer/internet expert in any sense. I ordered this book, and two others. Although the two others were decent enough books, it was this one that gave me every tool I could possibly want. Evan Bailyn is clearly an expert in his field, and he gives you some of the best advice out there.

What I loved most about this book however, is not the copious amounts of relevant and useful content that fill every page, but the way in which it is written. He uses understandable analogies and explanations which make everything so much clearer. The book feels like somehow it is written for absolute beginners and experts at the same time; quite an achievement.

I couldn't recommend this book highly enough, if you're thinking about investing in your SEO knowledge, this is THE book to own. Don't miss out on it.
on 6 March 2013
I bought a few SEO books but I learnt the most from this one. Practical advice and good tips. Recommended