Price:£29.99+ Free shipping

on 11 October 2011
I looked around for a long time before settling on this set for my 18mo and I'm very pleased with it.

Comes packaged in a neat, roomy storage box with carrying strap. It features a magnetic flap that is easy and fun for small hands to manipulate yet sufficiently secure.

The maracas is softer than expected with a gentle swishing sound, which I actually rather like (it makes a nice contrast/complement to a more resounding homemade version that I already have). The rest of the instruments are louder but make equally beautiful sounds.

Good variety of instruments that look attractive as a set as well as individually and feel well made too. Great design where the simple colours are at once bright enough to interest the toddler and sophisticated enough for an older person, definitely something that can grow with the child as opposed to other sets with more blatantly childish prints or designs. I can foresee many years of usage out of this in my home at least.

It's not the cheapest set around but I'll definitely recommend it.
on 4 September 2012
I bought this Tidlo Instrument set for playtime with my 3 month old even though the product info does say 3yrs plus. I was never very impressed with the plastic instruments for babies and love these wooden ones. Obviously I do most of the playing, but they enhance story and singing time and my daughter seems to love the sounds. They are really good quality and a lovely set. Would also make a great gift.
on 3 April 2012
this is the first Tidlo product i have gotten. i got this music set for my 5 month old son. obviously too young to play on his own but when we play together we have great fun.. when i got them first and took them out of the box there was great excitement for all the family, my sisters, grand parents and cousins. they all wanted a go. and there was enough for everyone.

these instruments are of excellent quality and i can tell will last i long time. a bit longer than usual to arrive but worth the wait. enjoyable for children and adults.

i would definitely buy more Tidlo games at Amazon.co.uk.

and as per usual excellent service from Amazon.
on 17 December 2012
This collection of simple musical percussion instruments is a must have, especially for other people's children. They can make a noise by shake, hit and bang.
on 12 January 2015
I have purchased this item recently as a gift for my 1.5yo baby.

I was very disappointed with the item, as:
* the inside of the box and some of the toys were dirty (looked like some oil, seemed very hard to remove, I didn't try)
* some instruments were missing (castanets). I suspect this may have been a second hand item.
* the material of the instruments looked a bit cheap.

In the end, I have returned it to Amazon for a full refund.
on 17 July 2016
Fantastic set. This has given many hours of fun for several young children. All of the items seem to be children friendly. (Whist supervised as there are small parts like bells and string which could have potential to be dangerous but they seem to be fixed on well). It looks like it should last for years due to the classic sturdy wooden material and design. Best gift for our children so far. Both loved this.
on 21 December 2013
I got one for my son and he loved it so much I got more as gifts. Unlike some 'kids' toys' this actually produces pleasant sounds. If I were to gripe, the maracas aren't very loud. Anyway it's all wonderful quality and feels like it'll last long.
on 30 September 2015
We bought this for my 2 year old son for his birthday. He loves it! He likes to carry it everywhere with him in the carry box. I just wish the box was a bit more robust as not even 2 months later it is starting to get a bit torn on the opening hinge.
The instruments are nice. The scraper part fell off the string of the gyro and we're struggling to get the thread back through the small hole but it can still be used
It's nice these instruments are wooden and my son loves making music with them.
They make a really great accompaniment to the Christmas sing and sign DVD when they get their instruments out my son loves to join in.
Thoroughly recommend!
on 27 December 2012
A high quality set of instruments that can get the whole family involved - even the most reluctant adult participants can be motivated to join in. This was purchased for my 19 month old grandson who is tickled pink by his 'proper' musical instruments - and we adults are relieved to have the mellow sounds of these instead of the ear bashing noises made by his plastic baby ones!!
on 12 April 2016
I am a total rebel and bought this for an under 1 year-old. The bells, tambourine and shakers are firm favourites already, very easy for small hands to handle though the maracas are more toddler sized. Some of the toys aren't suitable for them yet but I have space in storage and the box is great for keeping them on the bookshelf. I don't let them use this without supervision. Would be an awesome set if you have more than one kid. Or for a revenge toy, if someone's given you a battery operated monster of a thing.