on 30 September 2015
We bought this for my 2 year old son for his birthday. He loves it! He likes to carry it everywhere with him in the carry box. I just wish the box was a bit more robust as not even 2 months later it is starting to get a bit torn on the opening hinge.
The instruments are nice. The scraper part fell off the string of the gyro and we're struggling to get the thread back through the small hole but it can still be used
It's nice these instruments are wooden and my son loves making music with them.
They make a really great accompaniment to the Christmas sing and sign DVD when they get their instruments out my son loves to join in.
Thoroughly recommend!
on 12 January 2015
I have purchased this item recently as a gift for my 1.5yo baby.

I was very disappointed with the item, as:
* the inside of the box and some of the toys were dirty (looked like some oil, seemed very hard to remove, I didn't try)
* some instruments were missing (castanets). I suspect this may have been a second hand item.
* the material of the instruments looked a bit cheap.

In the end, I have returned it to Amazon for a full refund.
on 8 December 2016
I got this set as a birthday gift for my son. It comes in durable box with a flip lid. This is great for storage. My kids love to sit and play with the instruments together. Great for the kids not so great for a parent with a sore head! The reason I docked one star was because two of the instruments broke when we first started using them and the kids managed to burst the drum from playing so loud. Other than that it is a lovely gift for a young child.
on 8 November 2012
These musical instruments have been given to my two year old for his birthday and they have been a great success!!! The items are well made, they are sturdy, very easy to handle, the design is lovely and most of all the noises they made are very sweet. I am very happy indeed so is my boy!!
on 22 September 2012
Our little 14 month old goes over to the instruments first thing in the morning. She loves the jingle bells and maracas. All the instruments are well made and solid, although she did manage to chew through the string on the castanets. There are lots of different instruments and I'm sure when she gets older we'll have more and more fun with them. Looking forward to Jingle Bells at Christmas already!
on 27 December 2012
A high quality set of instruments that can get the whole family involved - even the most reluctant adult participants can be motivated to join in. This was purchased for my 19 month old grandson who is tickled pink by his 'proper' musical instruments - and we adults are relieved to have the mellow sounds of these instead of the ear bashing noises made by his plastic baby ones!!
on 18 May 2016
Added this to our son's wish list for his 1st birthday as he loves music and playing instruments. Product does say 3+ years.
Reviews had generally read positive and we were happy with the apparent quality and the fact that they were wooden, rather than plastic toys.
Upon opening it, the string for the "Rakatak" toy had come away which could have been a potential risk, had he have not been supervised. I accept that it states for 3+, but that's still not what you'd expect from a brand new product or something that is for kids and needs to withstand a certain amount of wear and tear.
The string for the triangle was also not attached. It's a strange type of string that they've used as its so slippery, despite attaching it several times, it comes loose within minutes.
The grandparents are upset as they bought it as a first birthday present and hoped it would last a considerable amount of time - perhaps even be a toy that was passed down, with it being wooden.
on 30 September 2013
I bought these for my 1 year old, I wouldn't recommend that they are allowed to use them until 3 (as recommended) but she loves making noise with them... and enjoys 'music time' with the family.

The shackers are a little quiet, but aside from that it's a wonderful set, and great value for money.
on 29 March 2012
This sets comes in a really good box, all the percussion instruments are well made and make good sounds. Lots of fun and variety for kids of all ages, and adults who want to join in!! Very satisfied with the set and would recommend it to any budding musicians out there.
on 21 December 2013
I got one for my son and he loved it so much I got more as gifts. Unlike some 'kids' toys' this actually produces pleasant sounds. If I were to gripe, the maracas aren't very loud. Anyway it's all wonderful quality and feels like it'll last long.