Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 2 June 2012
Is this a travel documentary or a science programme? I mean, for example, do you really need to travel to a condemned Brazilian prison block to explain the eventual death and collapse of the sun?

I found the constant travelling around the world off-putting rather than interesting. And Prof Cox just seems a little smug and vain saying "well here I am in this-or-that-exoctic location". I didn't need to see him on the screen every minute, saying how "marvellous" everything is and that each and every picture he shows us "might just be the most important scientific picture ever taken"!!!

By comparison, I've also watched the Discovery Channel series "Stephen Hawking's Universe" which is beautifully written by Hawking and wonderfully narrated by Benedict Cumberbatch. Hawking never leaves his Cambridge university library (or maybe it's a set)--except for one scene under an apple tree expaining you know what -- and Cumberbatch never even appears on screen. Yet it is so much more interesting than Cox travelling all over the world.

I strongly recommend "Stephen Hawking's Universe" instead of Cox's "Wonders of the Universe". In fact, I bought a second copy of Hawking's Universe straight away to send to my brother!
on 18 February 2015
Person it was for happy with book
on 2 November 2014
Could watch this again and again!
on 6 September 2011
Our whole family - that's my wife and I and our 2 kids 5 & 7 have watched this over and over again and still could watch it some more. Unmissable.
on 13 June 2016
very good dvd, very interesting
on 13 September 2014
great quality and great seller
on 27 February 2015
Brian Cox! great for all ages!
on 12 February 2015