Customer reviews

Service plan term: 3 Years|Service plan covered value: £ 50-£75|Change

on 1 December 2015
I bought this 3 year accidental warranty and a 3DSXL from Amazon at the same time for my youngest. The console broke on the hinge 2 years in - this does seem to be a weak point as it happened to a previous 3DS which fortunately I also had bought a square trade warranty for.

Previous 3DS and square trade warranty (both bought on Amazon) claim some years ago: I was given an Amazon voucher code for the full amount, presumably in the same way that some of the positive reviewers have stated. However this no longer happens.

Nov 2015 claim for 3DSXL square trade warranty (both bought on Amazon July 2013):
Although the warranty states that you get the purchase price to replace new (£140 in my case), I was offered £90 into my bank account. When I objected, after some emails and phone calls, I was given another £30 and sent a link by email to a dodgy-looking shopping site where one was available for £120.

I doubt I'm alone in liking the security of shopping on Amazon, but square trade will no longer cover you to replace new on Amazon. I've given the warranty 2 and a half stars, as I did still get £120 eventually rather than the full £140 back, although with a lot of hassle I don't want to go through again.

Please bear this in mind if you thought buying both device and warranty meant you'd be able to replace new on Amazon no quibbles.

I've bought a new 3DSXL through Amazon, but not a Square Trade Warranty, never again.

I wish Amazon did their own extended warranties - or handled them through Amazon - the way they make sure the Kindle warranties are handled is brilliant.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 May 2017
A good plan to protect yourself from unexpected failures. I got this for my new ROUTER for a very reasonable price. It was cheap enough to make it worthwhile for me even though I almost never buy any product protection plans due to Higher Costs for most plans from other outfits. I have purchased Square trade protection plans a few times before and had a GOOD EXPERIENCE with a claim for an expensive item that ended up failing after 2 years... they were great and paid out promptly after I provided the needed Receipt and Defect information. Some plans are well worth the price but others are way too expensive so I only purchase the reasonable ones (with confidence) since I have had good luck with them so far.
on 27 May 2017
I am satisfied, thank you
on 9 October 2015
very good
on 16 November 2011
After shelling out close to £200 on a new Xbox console, spending an extra £36 to fully cover the console for 3 years, in case of accidents or the dreaded Red Ring of Death (RROD), was a no-brainer. Seeing how they cover a wide range of products, I'm actually a little annoyed I purchased my DSLR last year from another site, and so missed out on this cover.

Customer service: I accidentally sent the wrong Amazon invoice to get attached to my SquareTrade account, and phoned up to replace it with the proper one. Not only was the agent extremely helpful, he also stayed on the line with me until he could verify that the new invoice had arrived. This was completely unnecessary from his perspective, so full marks from me on going the extra mile.

I did a fair amount of investigating, to see other people's experiences, and there are plenty of reviews out there (ReviewCentre.com and the main SquareTrade page here on Amazon.co.uk which has over 300 reviews) where people have made claims without issue.

Needless to say, from other positive reviews and my own experience, I have no hesitation in recommending SquareTrade for peace-of-mind coverage of your electronics.
22 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 August 2012
A positive experience. Didn't dream I would need it, and wondered if £40 was being wasted but as it turns out, it was worth every penny. I received a 3DS as a gift and about 17months later my daughter 'flooded' it with water!! Just one phone call to Square Trade and 2 subsequent emails later in the space of about a week I received funds in the form of a code for Amazon to purchase a 3DS XL as mine was unrepairable. Have purchased another warranty for the new one too. Recommended.
on 12 June 2013
I bought my games console from Tesco .. never knew they had warranty's before until the assistant advised me to call their warranty helpline which i did. Got link sent via email to purchase this warranty and the price is brilliant value compared to anywhere else. I don't think i will ever shop anywhere different now for my warranties.
on 28 October 2013
I use this company for my Xbox 360 as it has broken down a few times and had to end up getting a replacement and although I haven't used the company yet it is a great company for piece of mind. The details where delivered quick and effectively and it was simple and easy to set up. Very Pleased.
on 20 June 2016
Never got to use the insurance, and I would think the 3 years have been completed. Always provided a peace of mind, therefore I can have no complaints. Nor do I see a viable reason to not award five stars.
on 19 June 2014
I would highly recommend this substantial cover but the company do need to work on their website support. It took me ages to link the cover to my other warranties on their site.