TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 December 2016
The instructions made this easy for me to install without calling an electrician. I'm a lowish skill DIYer so I needed clear instructions and found that the documentation was very helpful - clearly labeled diagrams and safety instructions. Diagram options include flush and non flush wall fittings. The box does need to be earthed.

The problem I had was in "poking through" a hole into the indicated cable cutout in the plastic case. I needed to do this in order to feed the appliance's thick 13A cable into the Horstmann switch. There's no way to simply poke the lightly scored hole through the thick plastic casing so a drill, as far as I can tell, is needed if you want to feed cable into the bottom of the unit whilst having it flush to the wall. The cosmetic results weren't neat although nobody will ever see this because the hole is at the bottom of the installed unit and, moreover, it's not a safety issue. For me though, it speaks of non user friendly design and it does let the product down.

Aside from this problem, it's a clearly a high quality unit made from thick and robust plastic that gives the unit a solid feel unlike the failed Timeguard booster unit I was replacing which is light and somewhat flimsy in comparison (although it does have sensible cable cutouts).

This Horstman unit has a red LED which only comes on when the unit is in boost mode (when it is giving power to the appliance). The boost button selects from the three available boost time options - 15, 30 or 60 minutes.

I would recommend the switch and would not hesitate to buy another one.
on 3 July 2013
Easy to wire in for anyone with some electric diy skills.
I used it for an immersion heater. It goes in between the fused isolation switch and the immersion.i,e Mains into fused box. Output from fused box into boost timer input and output from boost timer to immersion heater cable.
Due to the depth od the electronic bits it needs something like a 45mm socket, I allowed the extra depth for wires so it may be best to buy this and then buy a box later.
Very Very easy to use. press once for 15 mins, press again for 30 mins press again for 1 hour and press again for off. So, if you press twice by mistake, just keep pressing to switch it off and start again. A very well thought out idea.
on 1 January 2016
We bought this to connect to an electric towel rail in a small bathroom. Plus sides include that it was easy to wire up and you can set it to switch on for 1.5 hours, 30 mins or 15 mins. The only negative (which is why it scores four stars) is there is no actual timer clock so you cannot set it to come on at a specific time in the day. I just have to remember to switch it on when I get up.
on 6 July 2017
Horstmann E15 Electrisaver Electronic Push Button Boost Timer Switch by Horstmann this little unit allows you to control an electrical device in a wet room it allows that device to run from 15 minutes up to an hour. This is a fail-safe device that after a set time that device will switch off until it is reactivated, This stop an absent-minded person like myself walking out of a wet room while leaving a fan heater still on and going to bed. The fan heater will turn off after a set time! Well worth the money!
on 16 June 2016
Great item. Fitted to water heater. Press button to select time and leave without worrying if the heater left on as it turns off automatically upon reaching required time setting. Perfect little item.
on 30 October 2016
I like this, it has saved me a few quid on electricity, no forgetting I have left it on with this, just set how long you want it on for and yes, forget it.

It was easy to install, and easy to use.
on 8 November 2013
Great little item. Will save us money now on electric as both my husband and myself put immersion on for 20 mins but forget soon as we walk off. Then 2 hours later remember that its still on .sometimes 6 or 8 hours later .So instantly saving money with this item. Now Just have to train husband to switch off shed light ,fire in spare room and oven when finished cooking. This is a good start though. RECOMEND THIS PRODUCT
on 1 October 2015
Bought for a self catering let where guests regularly left the immersion heater on 24/7....! Not yet had an electricity bill to see the difference but I'm confident of great results. Easy to fit, great product :-)
on 24 March 2014
Although I have not installed as yet the delivery was within timescale and the item is of good solid construction. The insides are a little deep but had already seen this in other reviews so will have to see if it fits into my box when installing.
Had this fitted to boost our immersion heater. We have had it fitted for about 2 years and use it during the summer months just about very day because we have solar panels fitted. When it is sunny we use the boost switch to heat the hot water for free and of course after 1 hour it turns itself off.