on 18 September 2017
I bought his to power my Garmin Sat Nav as I have bought a double USB charger, enabling me to power the Sat Nav and charge a phone at the same time. Unfortunately this doesn't recognise my Garmin Sat Nav. When the car turns on, and power runs through the cable, the sat nav thinks that it is connected to a computer, and looks to sync to the system through the cable. This then means that I have to wait 5 minutes for the sat nav to realise what's going on, and then just accept power from the cable.

Any set up that is made in the sat nav before turning on the car is lost, so I have to sit in the car waiting for sat Nav to sort itself out, beore I can program in my journey, and start off.

Have thrown the cable away and am buying a genuine Garmin one.
on 13 July 2017
Love the fact that it has an angle
on 15 April 2017
works well
on 6 September 2016
I bought this to replace a lost cable for a TomTom satnav cradle and it does the job a treat.
on 11 June 2017
Does what it does
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 August 2015
Bought to use with a twin USB adapter in my car to power my Mobius dash cam and other devices at same time.

I had been using the lead supplied with my TomTom to power/charge the Mobius, but using the sat-nav at the same time became a juggling act depending on state of charge of both with only one cigarette lighter connection. With two of these and the adapter, I can comfortably use both at the same time.
on 13 May 2016
The mini usb plug is too fat to fit any of my devices.
on 12 February 2015
Bought this to use with a Fender Squeir Stratocaster USB guitar. My existing USB connector was too long to stay plugged into the guitar when it was on it stand (the plug got bent because it was too clsoe to the floor and stopped working).

Sadly the direction of the right hangle of this mini USB plug meant the cable interfered with the guitar's headphone socket which is right next to the USB socket on the very bottom of the guitar. If it were 90 degrees in the other direction, the cable would have been fine. I don't know if one can get this type of mini USB in the opposite direction to this one.

This is no criticism of the cable though. It works fine. I'm not going to return it because I can probably find another use for it one day.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 September 2013
I like the angle of the head as it stays secure in the phone

But beware these leads are not strong, they end up breaking after a few months of normal wear
on 14 April 2013
It seems that one can not have enough cables for every time you buy another electronic gizmo you find that the ones you have either don't fit or are too short!

But what can you say about a simple cable other than it did the job for which you bought it; and that was the case with this purchase. Nothing more, nothing less - it just worked!