Customer reviews

on 21 May 2015
This is a book primarily for Christians, that is, those for whom the language of the faith, and the metaphors of God and Satan have meaning. However, this is a hugely powerful book for anyone, Christians or otherwise, since Beth Moore identifies that the problems many people have in getting beyond past abuses are, a) that they continue to believe untruths about themselves (for example, that they are unloveable) and b) they continue to to hide behind the defences which, at the time of the abuse, were so necessary but which now prevent the sufferer from being in touch with the 'loving world'. This is a brilliant book because Moore is able to demonstrate a strategy (albeit within the idiom of the Christian faith) by which a person can break through the defences (their own) to begin to experience the kind of life they should have had before the abuse. Amen.
on 3 July 2017
Bought for my daughter who likes the author.
on 17 January 2017
Excellent
on 23 March 2014
With clear explanation the author of this book has highlighted a lot of needed answer required by an individual in their walk of life as a believer
on 2 March 2016
Was a little disappointed...
I was expecting Breaking Free
"Day by Day" in hard back..
on 4 April 2016
Well packsged, but disappointed with the book.
on 19 January 2014
Great help to the Christian walk. A must read for those seeking a victorious Christian life. Easy to read and understand with lots of scripture quotes
One person found this helpful
on 7 August 2015
Great book and good read.
VINE VOICEon 20 September 2009
I have done this bible study as part of a group and I have also recommended to other individuals and other groups. I have only ever had excellent feedback form the hundreds of people I know who have completed it.
Beth Moore's style is dynamic and energetic. (There is a video accompaniment which most people enjoy, but I actually found watching her high energy and enthusiasm quite grating!)
The study really has been life-changing for me. It strips us down to the bare bones of our spirirtual life and allows us to really scrutinise what is there. She shows us the better way and leads us there; for me it was quite a painful experience but the benefits and transformation have been wonderful.
Everybody I know who has done this study feels the same; they admit it has been life-changing for them.
It is ideal to do as an individual or as a group. If doing this as a group, there are leaders' materials and backups. I got a lot out of it that way but it was in the quiet times where the real changes happened.
7 people found this helpful
|55 Comments|Report abuse
on 10 November 2009
This is a wonderful book to help coming to terms with things from the past which have caused depression.
5 people found this helpful