Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tom Chaplin Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Illustrator CS4 For Dummies
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£14.24

on 27 March 2010
This is an extremely useful tutorial book. Very well written, with clear and precise instructions. The author writes with humour and clarity. I have learned so much just from the first 2 chapters. Would thoroughly recommend for anyone starting to learn Illustrator, this book removes the "terror" factor and explains exactly what those scary terms like "blend", "mesh" etc. actually mean. If you want to learn Illustrator..buy it!
on 13 May 2017
As expected.
on 25 April 2009
I was hoping this book would serve as a complete reference to Illustrator CS4, but I was very disappointed. Some of the really powerful new features have been given only a passing mention (for example, the blob brush tool gets one very brief introduction at the start of the book, and that's it.) The 'cutting edge' artwork examples mentioned on the cover are generally pretty poor, and I wasn't inspired at all by any of the visual examples used. However, if you already know Illustrator CS4 well and just want a quick memory jog to remind you of keyboard shortcuts, etc, it would probably serve your purpose.
on 5 October 2010
I have previously used Corel Draw 9 on a PC and loved the book that I got for that (the official guide by Foster D Coburn and P McCormick). I had somehow got it into my head that a big book on Illustrator would be as good as this other volume, now that I had moved on to using a Mac and Illustrator CS4. How wrong I was.

While the Corel Book was brilliantly clear and instinctive to navigate, this book on Illustrator is not. The example graphics are strangely chosen - a large amount of space taken up with simplistic flashy automated processes and not enough space used for shedding light on how to take control and do stuff. Significantly, I feel that Corel is the better program at the moment, but I think it is because this book has left a nasty taste in my mouth! It has made me realise how important a good guide is for these epic programs.
on 27 August 2009
I like this book, because this book easy to understand for me I have physical disability and for me important to work out how to use Adobe Illustrator CS4 using one hand only I'm a professional artist and for me very important to learn how to use software. I use this guide together with Brilliant Illustrator CS4 and this give best result.
on 23 January 2013
I am a creative (older) and missed the whole computer mac thing. I'm old skool and clients are happy about that. However, you're never too old to learn. This book gives the basics and then you can go ahead and have fun and experiment as much as you like. It helped take away the fear.
on 27 February 2014
This is a brilliant book! Well written, with humour and logic. With advice on all major topics as well as on small but useful details. Even the very beginners will be able to understand and learn. I am half way through and have learned a lot already. I highly recommend this book!
on 15 December 2013
this book is for an advanced student, not me, so cannot really give an opinion until she lets me know more.
on 24 November 2016
purchased as a present for a fashion student. recipient was very happy.great books
on 27 July 2015
just want I needed to learn the system at work.