Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 23 October 2016
I love the oriental influences in this album, it's a brilliant mix of instruments. This is Bonobo's best album in my opinion, followed closely by The North Borders. This is so chilled out and would be enjoyed by any music fan, young or old so would also be a great gift for any music lover.
on 21 March 2017
The best album Bonobo has ever recorded and is now firmly in my top 5 albums of all time. It's that good. It's not an album of singles- it's for putting on in the night with low lights and bottles of wine and deep chat, or long dark drives. Unparalleled.
on 5 May 2017
Black Sands Masterpiece
on 26 March 2017
i needed to get new sounds and bonobo is perfect
on 21 May 2016
Superb album, great to play loud in a silent hpuse to lose yourself or quietly in the background when friends are round.
on 29 May 2017
Great album, just buy it ,,
on 24 December 2013
Bonobo are without doubt were a new name to me when I first downloaded this album and I was so impressed that since buying this album I've now got everything they've released and a few naughty remixes here and there from a man down an alleyway who shall remain nameless hehehe.
Bonobo remind me of my cousins back home in Iceland, we love these sort of soundscapes, the bands in Iceland are pro's at creating mountains out of music and Bonobo should have a holiday there and they'll see what I mean.
They fit right in against Sigur Rós, Múm, Jónsi & Alex, CocoRosie, the non Icelandic 'Shpongle', and the Scottish 'Boards Of Canada'.
Brilliant group, cannot wait for their next outing.
Peace friends.
on 14 September 2014
i've got a mate who kept going on about bonobo, but he's belgian, it's a long way from soulwax i tel him! well anyway he might be on to something..'cos this is great...has a good feel to it, love the variety of instruments on it..might have to take the belgian mate a touch more seriously..
on 31 May 2012
I bought this CD based on all the fantastic reviews people have left. I hate the phrase "chill out", but its what people relate to. Therefore I was after a "chill out" style CD but with a richer jazzier & hip hop infused acoustic edge. The sort of thing you'd play on a hot summers evening whilst sipping pimms in the garden with friends. Something more intelligent and deeper than the usual chill out.

I dont think this CD delivered. After the 10th listen I'm not impressed. I dont look forward to putting this CD on, I have to force myself, which cant be a good thing. I find it too brooding and stifled, and also musically and sonically thin. Ok, it was never going to be a Brandford Marsalis jazz epic, and thats not what I was looking for. Other reviewers have hinted at a jazzy whiff, but its very minimal from what I can hear.

The annoying thing is, the CD still isnt a bad CD. But I find it very frustrating to listen to. Its like one of those films where you get to the end and go "is that it ?!" Its as if the composer/producer were attempting to achieve that sophisticated smokey style, but in the process they've ended up with something quite boring and uninspiring. The music is there, just, but its just not being delivered, its being held back.

It could have been so much more. A brighter and tighter drum track with maybe some playful lo-fi loopage would have given it more of an edge. The bass lines dont jump out at you either. Theres enough space in the tracks for a little more exploring for the bass, but it just doesnt happen. The chord arrangements are pretty tame too.

This had so much potential, but it lacks a lot of things. For me I find it uninspiring. Annoying really as I was really looking forward to listening to it. After 10 listens I'm still disappointed.
on 2 April 2017
Dreadful lightweight cardboard sleeve arrived partially ripped. Very poor quality. Such a shame as a great piece of music.