on 19 June 2016
Finish shaving with face and block wet, it glides over my skin. When it stings I keep gliding it back and forth on that spot. It means I have been over-zealous with my blade. Yes it's good for nicks. But it is also great for closing pores quickly and cleanly. That means less/no spots (I'm 38 and have been plagued since my mid teens) and even compliments on my skin.

Let me be clear. My facial skincare 'regime' is simple:
- wash with non-SLS gel (Bulldog if you need to know)
- shave with brush and a nice soap (Edwin Jaeger)
- Osama Alum Block
- Geo Trumper extract of Lime skin food.
- that is all. Nothing else. Ever.

7 months in and the corners are rounded. Other than that it's hardly worn at all.

Stop reading and buy it.

Now!
on 27 April 2017
Why spend so much on fancy after shave lotions etc etc all you need to do is rinse face after shaving with cold water, run this block under cold water for a second then wipe over face to close pores and learn where u may be shaving too closely. Towel off, shave balm, job done.
If you are a wet shaver like me then this is a must have for you shaving table. But bear in mind this is a very small block (which is all you need and will last you years and years). Good product which I have been using regularly.
on 27 May 2017
Used this along with my new safety razor. I actually nicked myself and had a small cut. Once I had finished shaving I applied this and it stopped the bleeding straight away. I had done two passes with that shave and it was my first time and when I used the block it was a bit nippy but not enough that I wouldn't use it. A lot of the sites I had read about safety razors on recommended this product and I am glad I went with it. For the price as well it should last for a long time
on 18 May 2017
Had this for couple weeks now and it's the first time I've ever used one and got to say I think its great, I like the tingling feeling you get when I use it, it feels like it's tightening your pores up, I would definitely buy again and would recommend, but don't get it on your lip and accidentally lick it, it's not nice.
on 29 May 2017
I've just started to use a DE razor having never used one before. Doing my research beforehand, several people recommended this bloc. It's brilliant for soothing the skin and stopping those little nicks one always gets from time to time. Buy it!
on 23 June 2017
i had this product before but in a test tube. awful. this is way better. same great product but in a better format. lasts a lot longer too. i only put it on obvious knicks and areas that sometimes get irritated. works flawlessly.
on 8 March 2017
Wet this block and quickly rub it across your face - WOW! Now that's an uplifting way to close the pores and keep the dirt out!
I've never used one before and it's miles better that just cold water :-)
on 15 April 2017
I was a bit sceptical when I read about these blocks. Alas my scepticism was quelled when I tried this for the first time. Makes the skin tighten up and the small Nick I managed to give myself didn't even bleed!!. Cheaper than using balm too. Just don't drop it!!
on 14 May 2017
Great value .I had shopped around but I couldn't find cheaper than this. A must if you use DE shaving and if you have sensitive skin. Stop bloody nicks in a heartbeat. I've used this product for 4 years and this is onlybthecsecind one I've had to buy so lasts forever.