VINE VOICEon 14 December 2010
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A wedding is supposed to be a joyous occasion but for Blu Masterson a werewolf princess it is a duty. She has been ordered by her father and pack leader to marry the vampire Creed Saint-Pierre, lord of the Nava Tribe and one of the ancients of the race.

The marriage is a political union and is supposed to create an era of peace between the two races who have been at war for centuries killing each other whenever they met.

For Blu and Creed the marriage is a necessity to try and ensure peace or is it??

Each side is plotting against the other planning to strike at their enemy and willing to use whatever or whoever they need to ensure victory.

For our bride and groom the marriage which begins as a necessary evil begins to become something more as they find themselves drawn to each other as the heat rises between them as Blu comes into the heat of the full moon.

I read the first Nocturnes when they were launched back in 2008 and they are the M&B foray into the growing area of paranormal romance which is growth area in the book world. These stories are usually more intense and descriptive in the love scenes.

If you've never tried a paranormal romance before this is a good place to start with a well written enjoyable story.
on 1 April 2011
I chose this book as it was free. I like supernatural stuff and I like romance. I thought the pace was great in this book, no boring bits, but overall, I can't say I loved it. It has a lot of character history that was frequently referred to and I found it frustrating as the reader that great swathes of story seemed to have gone on before I'd arrived. I found the sex scenes too full on, but that's my problem not the book's as I should have researched the Nocturne range before I downloaded. Ultimately, I'd have paid a couple of quid for this book and not minded and I might even go for another one, so for free, why not download it, if you like blood and sex and magic that is!
on 4 June 2011
What a gift after downloading a free book! An absolute beautiful romance, I love supernatural stuff and this got me gripped since the first page! Werewolves are brute, hot headed and unkind. Vampires are refined, coldblooded and selfish. In midst of all the turmoil between the two nations, love comes about and change hearts! Sounds cheesy but it is soo good I can't wait to dig in on this author's work!
on 27 February 2014
I tried this type of novel as 'everyone' seemed to rave about the vampire thing going on, this book seemed to have good reviews but I'm afraid I found the story all a bit ridiculous really.

I know some folk would argue that believing that a 600 year old vampire marrying a she werewolf is about as realistic as an 'atypical' young woman finding a handsome, caring, rich, passionate alpha male but I am afraid I found the vampire story was all a bit silly. What with the vampire having sex with an actual werewolf was just BEYOND silly, but I think that is because I do not 'get' the whole vampire thing.

I have to say I felt the story was very well written and it is a lovely romance story but it was a wee bit long winded for me. I did read it to the end but not sure I would read another one.

I think if you do love this type of story then you will enjoy it, but Im afraid I didn't. (Sorry)
on 14 October 2012
The best thing I can say about this book is that it was free. The writing is immature, all characters simply two dimensional parodies of what they are supposed to be. A Werewolf 'princess' and a Vampire 'elder' forced into marriage, and before the confetti hits the floor, they're already madly in love with each other, but unable to trust. Add in the scheming machinations of the vampire and werewolf clans, and you have an excellent cure for insomnia.

Some of the blame for this must lie at the editor's feet. Who else would allow a writer impunity for constantly misusing the term 'three-sixty', when from the context of the sentence, she means a u-turn - which is therefore a 'one eighty'. Not once, but so many times it becomes painful. Someone please tell this writer that 360 is a full circle, so if you do turn 360, you end up facing the same way as when you started?

I could - possibly - forgive this annoying misuse of English and basic Maths if the rest of the story merited comment. It doesn't. Werewolves are ignorant, uneducated, vicious animals; vampires are smooth, suave and sophisticated ... even thinking about it makes me nod off.

But then - at least it's free.
on 5 April 2013
I can't deny it, this was pretty good, but it didn't hook me to the point where I absolutely postively had to finish it in one sitting (which is how I generally read). It was a good story about overcoming differences and different backgrounds and realising that everyone feels love whether you're human, vampire, or werewolf. Creed and Blu were a lot of fun to get to know. I liked that this book wasn't so unbelievable that it was actually fun to read about the magic. The author writes real well and focuses on the important details and makes a point of avoiding the clichés that arise in just about every other story about vampire and werewolves. I honestly beleive that those who were nauseated by the Twilight series (as I was) will really enjoy this book along with those Twilight lovers. Good stuff.
on 28 July 2011
I got this as a `filling in' book and therefore didn't have any major expectations. It was however a surprisingly good read.

In this world, vampires and werewolves are trying to bring peace between their 2 species. The Counsel therefore decide a high ranking vampire (Creed) should marry one of the few female werewolves (Blu) to create a show of peace between the species. Neither is particularly happy about the arrangement. Creed does it for the greater good of his tribe and Blu does it because as a female werewolf and daughter to the alpha she has no say in the matter. Blu is 20 something, extravagant, unruly, loudmouthed and emotionally scarred by her past treatment from the pack and Creed is a 900 year old tribe leader who likes intelligent conversation, peace and quiet and is used to being treated with the upmost respect as one of the elders. As you can imagine, when thrown together, these 2 really didn't get along.

It was fun to read the beginning of their marriage as each struggled to deal with the other. The snide remarks and sarcastic comments were funny and as the book reads from alternating POV's I felt like I really got to know the pair well. The pact drawn up by the Counsel stated that they would marry and then Blu would take Creed's bite. Something which is so intimate and bonds 2 people together so tightly that it would show the rest of the vampires and werewolves that the 2 species can get along. However Blu is not about to give herself to Creed that easily! And Creed is not particularly into her either, other than her good looks, he finds her to be too foulmouthed and unruly.

However when they do start to finally get along a bit and unite together due to betrayals from both their separate families, they start to enjoy each other's company and realise they both can change. Blu becomes a lot calmer thanks to Creed's quiet presence and Creed learns to lighten up a bit and have fun. The important thing about this development was that it was not rushed. That's what made it so lovely to read. There was no instant where they both just gave in and hopped in the sack. The relationship genuinely built up bit by bit as each gave away secrets and more trust until eventually they realised how in love they were. All that was left to do was try to solve the ever present differences between the other vampires and werewolves as it soon became apparent that a simple marriage was not going to solve anything and both sides had ulterior motives.

I seriously enjoyed this book. The pace was set just right, the characters developed beautifully and the story line was really interesting. Highly recommend!
on 24 August 2013
Just read this again for the second time and loved it as much as the first time. Sexy vampire and beautiful werewolf agreeing to a marriage so peace between the two can be settled. It's not as easy as just marriage though because both sides don't play fair initially but what I loved about the was Creed and Blu finding mates in each other. The sex scenes are smoking and admittedly I have a crush on creed who sounds every bit the sexy handsome mysterious vampire he is described. Praise for Michelle Hauf and apologies for not reviewing this when I first read it
on 22 September 2014
Got this a freebie & quite enjoyed the story about a new vampire/werewolf couple and all the problems that being together brought to their species. Not one for the prudish -lot's of sex scenes but then again it's Mills & Boon nocturne so you should realise that before downloading.
on 28 April 2013
Well I read this in no time, I did wonder if I would enjoy it as it was free download but all I can say is wow. I love a great storyline with lots of twists and turns. The main characters are so used to the bloodshed by the sides that neither thought it possible to fall in love but without knowing it they both succumb to each other and realise that it doesn't matter what species you are you cannot help who you love, and once again love does conquer all. Great plot, lots of gentle moments and great sex although this was erotic and romantic. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys supernatural love.