1,233
Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 164 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on 4 December 2011
Is it as good as the final book? No. So don't set your expectations too high.

That said, it's a blummin good watch. Miles better than part one. At just over two hours it fizzed by and I was thoroughly entertained. Okay there are several dodgy accents and I'm still not certain that Daniel Radcliffe will ever be another Laurence Olivier, but there's something for everyone. There's heroism, comedy and action aplenty. Plus, it ties up the entire saga with a nice little bow.

Put the beer on ice, order the pizza, put your feet up and enjoy.

My only production gripe is that it's a bit gloomy, which I am led to believe is a result of being filmed in 3D for the cinema. But, what the heck, after the first beer you won't care.
on 17 July 2011
I liked this movie dont get me wrong one of the best adaptations but the movie leaves out a lot of the things that bring the book together. Also, their are a few mistakes in the movie. How did Luna get to Hogwarts? Why do the people who are hiding in the room of requirement assemble in front of Snape and the Carrows? They bring his invisibity cloak back for the robbery and then act like it doesn't exist again. The movies called " " and the deathly hallows, well they never really mention the deathly hallows. Why have Harry say "Remus you son"? They never mention his son in the movies before or after that, why bother. After Harry kills Voldemort, no one says anything to him, except Hagrid, who just says his name. To me it's not that they leave out things, it's that some of the things they add, make little sense. The movies lack the heart that make the books great. It had great special effects alot better than the past films. I also would have liked to have seen the battle in more detail in terms of what the battle was like between some of the minor characters. a lackluster fight scene wouldve been between mrs Weasley and Bellatrix Lestrange it seemed a bit rushed. Also The way Lord... 'You know Who' died left me saying to myself 'was that it' but it did start out good. I felt it maybe needed to be longer.
44 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 July 2016
This one continues to the final defeat of Voldemort. The only strange point seems to be how the sword gets back to Neville but perhaps I missed a point. As with part 1 very entertaining stuff as long as you know the story already - it must be puzzling to understand what is going on if not.
on 8 July 2016
A great film full of story and action. I loved the books and the film is just as good. It's a big hit with the adults and children in our family! A fantastic price too and arrived quickly without any damage.
on 22 January 2015
I think that by book five JK had used up most of her ideas. By this time the story has gone quite dark and all the light hearted adventures of the first couple of films have long passed.

This one is the half of The Deathly Hallows that contains the final battle. It is exciting enough, although sometimes it seems like characters are wiped out arbitrarily, just to give their story an ending - some of them don't even get the heroic or memorable death that Sirius Black did
on 2 December 2011
This is a review of Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2: Blu ray + DVD + Digital Copy which I received today, a day earlier than expected - thank you, Amazon!
Firstly - wow. This film is fantastic and very fast-paced in comparison to The Deathly Hallows Part 1 and it is all the better for it. It certainly benefits from the Bluray treatment and although the picture is a little dark in places (a problem that plagued Part 1) it is one of the best Potter films by far. The Hogwarts battle scenes are stunning and I applaud the visual effects team as this is definitely the most action-packed Potter film of all the movies combined. The spells are really quite phenomenal and the Gringotts scene is superb with the dragon. I shed a few tears when certain characters said goodbye - sob - but I don't want to ruin it for you if you haven't read the books yet. My only problem with this film is the epilogue scene. I think it's just one of those things that you love or hate.
As for the 'Special Features' in this particular movie pack, there are lots to keep even the most avid potter fan happy. I was quite impressed with the 'Maximum Movie Mode' where you can watch the entire movie with a 'Behind The Scenes' look at every scene with appearances and commentary from various actors. There's also deleted scenes, focus points and a fun and quite informal conversation between J.K.Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe. I'd definitely recommend this movie to anyone and hope that if you enjoy it, you might read all the books as well as they are even better.
on 17 January 2012
The Harry Potter series has been a staple of the British Film Industry for ten years now and has gone from strength to strength. Earlier installments skewed a little too young in my opinion but as the story and tension built, each addition became darker and more menacing. None more so than this final installment which brings the entire saga to a blistering conclusion with power and emotion. Its the perfect reward for devoted fans of the books and films alike. For those who havent read the books, its a suspenseful story filled with twists and turns. Nobody is safe in this final confrontation. The batttle scenes spark, buzz and zing with magical spells being cast all over the place. Every character gets their moment to shine and you really do feel the story has been tied off perfectly neatly. The young actors have grown into their parts and give their best at all times. The usual array of British stars carry the other scenes and look like they are really enjoying these final moments. Its a shame it had to come to an end, but it couldnt have been handled better. David Yates deserves all due credit for bringing the last few books to spectacular life. A fitting end to a very special series of films which will live on forever and bring joy to many generations to come.
on 19 May 2016
The story line is great as is the production, but the copy of the disc I received seemed to have a couple of unexplained pauses. I am still checking it out and to make sure that the equipment I used was not at fault.
on 20 August 2013
I'm very happy to rate products that I have purchased through Amazon. I will rate as agreed via the star rating and will rate according to the cost, the availability, the value for money and the overall value of the product. I will not however write a review, the star rating is I feel perfectly adequate for the purpose of identifying value for money and good companies to deal with through Amazon.
on 20 September 2013
I am reading the Harry Potter books before watching the dvds, as I like to I know what the current youngsters are being offered. I think it is a pity that the dvds are rated 12, when some children have a higher reading age than their actual years. A friend's grandson is 10, but has a reading age of 14, so can manage the books, but is not allowed to watch the films. Did they need to make the films so scary?