on 19 April 2015
I bought this case because i thought i should spend a little bit more money than usual protecting my MacBook Pro 13" as i carry it around a lot to lectures and such. This case is very well designed and the quality of the materials seems good. The only downside for me is that when you place your mac into the case, there is still around a 2cm+ gap between the case and the mac. This means that even using the elastic strap inside of the case, when carrying it round you can feel it moving and hitting the sides of the case. I don't think that this will necessarily damage the Mac in the slightest. Just expected the case to fit a little better considering the price. One feature i do really like is that the mac can be used whilst it is still inside the case as two elastic straps at each side hold the lid from falling open. Overall good product but just a shame it doesn't fit 100% right which i would have expected for the price.
on 15 May 2013
I got this case to cover my macbook pro, it's sturdy and fits well, the product is very well made, If you love your macbook as I do then it should be a no brainer, don't waste your time and money looking and buying other covers. get this you won't regret it.
on 12 March 2014
This was much more expensive that some of the hard-shell covers available for MacBook Pros, however having read reviews of both types of cover, I decided to avoid the scratches which seem to come from dust/grit getting in under the hard shells, and opt for the slightly velvety lining of the Thule case. I keep my MacBook in it all the time (even when working), and the only feature I feel is missing is some diagonal straps (at the corners below the keyboard) to secure the cover to the MacBook when the MacBook is open - just in case it gets dropped, it might give the MacBook a fighting chance. The only internal strap secures the MacBook inside when it is closed (so the MacBook doesn't fall out when you unzip the cover). After spending the best part of 1k on a MacBook, I figured it's worth splashing out a bit extra to keep it safe when working/travelling.
on 25 October 2013
I was slightly surprised as to how unpadded it is, I really doubt it could take much of a hit. But it does seem to be very water tight, could take a good soaking, and holds the laptop well inside it. You could probably add some extra padding if you wanted to on the inside. I just feel a may have been ripped off a little bit, doesn't look like £50 worth of case.
on 29 April 2014
I bought this for my Sony Vaio Pro 13 Ultrabook, which is a bit thinner than the Mac Airbook thus the case has slightly too much room inside. This is solved by using the filling material it's been shipped with as padding.

The case seems very sturdy even though it's not heavy. The zip (which is shower proof) can be a bit difficult to open/close at times.

Overall I am really happy with this. The case with laptop in it goes into my handbag, and I have no worries about the computer being damaged.
on 31 October 2015
This is a great case. I first got the Thule Gauntlet 3.0 Sleeve - which had a horrible, long-lasting 'straight from china' smell. This case did not have that problem - it was fine straight from the packaging. It fits my MacBook Pro 13" perfectly. I don't find that there is any extra space around the edge. There is 1 large elastic across the middle of one side, under which you can (but don't have to) slip the laptop. There are also elastics in the corners - so if you opened up the case, the elastics would hold the top section in a vertical position - so you can put the laptop in the case, open up your laptop, and the case will still fit snugly against your laptop. I haven't had any water or dropping events to really test the case, but it does feel really well made, and like it will protect my laptop much better than the flimsy sleeve I had before.. which was forming holes in the corners.
on 3 April 2014
Great does exactly what you expect it to do.
Fits my Macbook pro almost perfectly.
Actually pretty sturdy for a soft case. I expect it will take a few bumps.
Seems to be waterproof (Not fully) so no worries about a few splashes or rain.
You can leave it on your laptop when using it, the elastic in the hinge keeps the case tight.
on 1 November 2015
Says it is suitable for a 13.3" laptop, way way to big, and not padding/restraint enough in it to stop it sliding about inside, as a semi rigid case I was expecting a touch more rigidity this was lacking in that department also. As for the splash resistance, it did look like it would have coped with a decent amount of rain, but due to the previous issues it was returned promptly.
on 30 April 2013
This is just what I needed to protect my new Toshiba Ultrabook. My computer travels with me in my bicycle panniers so gets a lot of physical abuse. I have been seeking such a rugged case as this for a while. Having bought it it meets the bill perfectly. Much better than just a neoprene type sleeve. The zips are waterproof and really well made. the unti is a semi rigid plastic type material that really stands up to the rigors of the journey.
on 30 January 2016
It's tough stuff but there's no way of actually attaching the laptop to it. I still use it regardless but it's just good to note that when the laptop is open, it's just sitting in the case rather than attached.
Also it's waterproof which is good.