on 2 June 2012
Put off buying this item for a good while because it was so badly reviewed by someone else. Applying a little bit logic before placing your camera in the housing works wonders. Prior to using it in the sea I left both the camera and housing to warm up gently on the window sill in the sun reasoning that doing so would cause any moisture in both to evaporate. I used the camera in the sea for about two hours with no fogging of the lens cover. At home I washed of the housing in fresh water before drying it and removing the camera. I did manage to scratch the viewing screen window but that was carelessness on my part and not a fault of the product. I would recommend this to anyone needing to protect their camera but remember to warm both up gently as I did and you shouldn't have any problems.
on 6 August 2011
This will keep splashes and sand off the camera, but the centre of the glass fogs up right from the off, rendering it useless for taking pictures. A pity because the basic design is good, and all the controls work as they should. It is not strong, so not suitable for water-sports, and there is no protection for the lens. Sony equivalents have a built in lens hood that ensures that the glass does not get scratched.

While I am aware that you only get what you pay for, the inability to take fog-free pictures means that I will be returning it to Canon as unfit for purpose (it is not the seller's problem, the design is flawed IMO).
on 16 July 2012
I was somewhat concerned when I read the previous reviews owing to the alleged fogging of the lens. However I followed the instructions and tested the case for watertight integrity; no problems whatsoever. Although apprehensive about inserting my camera, I needn't have worried. I took some fabulous photos/video throughout my snorkeling holiday in "Charmin Sharmin" (Egypt)- 43 degrees C and I never experienced any fogging. The case does was it claims to do and was easy to operate whilst swimming.
on 1 February 2013
The details for the Canon DC320L underwater case claim it has:
* A tripod socket - It doesn't and I needed it to have one.
* It is supplied with a flash diffuser - It isn't and can't use one.
* Box contains silicon grease - It doesn't.
I bought this with the intention of sitting it on my tripod in wet conditions. So now it sounds like a job for the sticky tape and elastic bands, sooo glad I spent £47 quid!

So how do you rate it? It looks great and I hope it doesn't let me down in the wet, but so far, it doesn't live up to expectation.
Many sellers of this item outside of Amazon use the same description, so where does it come from? I don't know, and the item isn't even listed on the Canon UK web.

I would also like to defend the poor user that got condensation in his DC320L. To be fair, the advertising blurb gives the impression of a care free experience, happy holidays in sun and snow, but the instructions don't offer any advice about use in differing conditions or temperatures.
Also, some people have added comments that he should of used a sachet of silica gel in the case. Great idea, but there is no room for any such thing, no - not even a small one.

If it does let me down and ruins a great camera, I'll be back on here to take another star off!

UPDATE MARCH 2013 ****

This case was given a hard time on a recent trip to Iceland. It took the snow, rain and damp conditions at the bottom of ruck sacks in it's stride, as you would expect, and it never fogged up. But where it really impressed was a good 5 hour dunking in an open air thermal spa pool. It was in and out of the water continually, air temp was 3C and water temp was 35C so it was getting a good thermal shocking.
The kids used it all the time, but again, it never suffered from leaking, condensation or fogging.
I guess this may depend on the dryness of the air inside when the lid is closed, but it performed.
The water in this volcanic fed pool was so harsh, it left a layer of silica dried hard at the top of the lense barrel, but the seals didnt let me down and I got un-missable photos and video.
So I need to up rate this from 2 to 4 star, only loosing the 5th because of the missing tripod bush.

UPDATE NOV 2013 ****

Second trip to Iceland and still perfect. It had a hard time in thermal pools again but still OK.
Bought a floating strap for it as it does sink without one... B0041SJJTA
review image review image
on 27 October 2012
I really like this case, which I took on a recent beach/pool holiday to Mexico. I used the case mainly in the pool, probably to depths of no more than one metre, and I avoided swimming with it as per the instructions. The case allowed me to take photos in the pool without worrying about ruining my DSLR.

The positives:

Light, cheap, easy to use, produces clear photos above or under the waterline, all the controls work well

Negatives:

- The inside of the lens cover tends to mist up if used under water. I think this would happen with any case and is more a problem with changing the temperature of the camera and case drastically in a hot climate.

- The protruding front of the case causes a shadow on the right of the photos. Easy enough to avoid once you know about it, and I don't think the case could be designed any other way as the flash is so close to the lens on this camera.

Overall very pleased and well worth the investment for a cheap underwater camera
review image
on 7 February 2013
Works well and keeps the water out. Haven't used it in very deep water though.
Only con is that when you zoom in and out you can here clicking in the play back.
but its not a problem it still works great.