Customer reviews

on 28 October 2014
The jacket I originally ordered was out of stock, so the supplier sent me the updated 2015 version at the same price. Good start. A really warm jacket for colder days, with just a base layer underneath. Wicks sweat away well, very comfortable and stylish. I'm a fairly generic medium and size and this fits perfectly. Finally, I would wear a light waterproof over it on really wet days.
on 10 May 2014
This jacket has a great fit and is also very warm with excellent wind stopping qualities. It has a real feel of quality and looks great. Its a real pity they chose to put this zip pocket at the back as it struggles to carry your waterproof, food, wallet and phone. You can get the stuff in there, but its a bit of a struggle and it all sticks out a bit. If you don't carry too much kit though its a real classy, functional and stylish jacket.
on 22 February 2014
Stunning quality and fit, very happy with my purchase. My only gripe is Royal Mail only knocking the door once to make the delivery, I didn't hear them. Had to go to my local depot the following day to collect!
on 12 January 2014
Found reviews on this jacket and it came highly recommended, live on the marsh so always windy .
Been out on a few long rides, found it very comfy, warm and looks good.
Even when very cold only need one base layer.
Recommend this item.
on 8 October 2013
Purpose

I bought this for road cycling throughout the winter, typically 20 to 60 miles, day or night ideally without rain.

Sizing

I am 6'2", 43" chest and measure 61cm from the centre of my armpit to the crease between the end of my arm and my hand.
I bought an XL which seems the better compromise between this and Large for me, any smaller and go for large, room for a bit bigger.
The arms come up long so that at full reach on the drops they are perfect but seem a little long ordinarily. For me its a close rather than tight fit with room for a thin base layer and top if needs be. It's quite an elastic garment so will accommodate a range of girths! The shoulders are broad on this item.

I like the thum hole arrangement at the end of the arm though its not that necessary

The Zip is on the wrong side for us in Britain

It makes use of softshell which beads water and windstops in all the right places. The red panels are thin at the back and under the arms to allow ventilation - also inside the wrists but the arm extensions start inside of this to compensate. The Zip has a guard at the top with a popper to hold it in place. The front pocket has ample room for a phone or similar and the back extends down amply even when tucked on the drops.

This is definitely built to fit best when being used.

I tend to overheat but can see how when it gets colder, this and a good base layer will do for me down to zero once I've frozen my bits off for the first couple of miles warm up.

Not so clever

The back has an interesting arrangement of pockets. There is a zip across the whole opening and a large full width insulated pocket inside. Body side of this large pocket there are three further fabric compartments of the type you get on jerseys, with further insulation between these and your body. All added up, if the base of your back gets hot then think again. Not a huge issue but stops this being perfect. Access to the 3 jersey style pockets is not wonderful (the middle one is slightly larger and easier to get to) but having to unzip and wrestle with it on the move requires practice, skill and patience. The main pocket at the back is easy and you don't have to zip it up anyway.

Summary

I paid £86 for this and really feel it was good value. It looks great and is very well made with very good quality materials. It does its job well and I don't find myself cruising the net anymore for a solution nor did I get any buyers remorse! Delighted
on 3 March 2013
Well it's not cheap and I'd been 'visiting' it in the shops for a week or two before buying but after one ride in sub-zero temperatures I had to go for it! Where before I'd wear four layers now just a thermal base layer and this in whatever the weather. I love this item and if I could afford it I'd have one for every day of the week!
on 12 August 2014
Excellent fit all round. I flit between medium and large, 5'10" and 82kg so went for the large in this, its snug where it needs to be as stated in the description around your midriff but looser in the upper back and shoulders for stretching out.

It is a very warm top and you will not need more than that and a baselayer on colder scottish days.

The only downside I found with this was the thumb loop/mitt attached to the end of the sleeve. It was one of the reasons I bought the top but in practice its not great. It bunches up under your knuckles when your riding and over a 100miler this is irritating then becomes even more so on shorter runs as you become aware of it.

Also as much as the jacket is water resistant the thumb loop is not and soaks up the water which then soaks up into your long sleeved base layer. I ended up cutting them off.
on 18 July 2014
Great product, highly recommened, but dont buy M size if you are tall 180+ cm, like me.. it was small for my chest and paunch..

The short sleeve jersey I have is also little small, but transfer baselayer is perfect for me in size M.... I have 98cm chest.
on 6 February 2013
Bought it a month ago and been using it almost every day commuting to work or for fun rides to the park on my road bikes. It fits the body just as described, warms well while disposing heat and keeps your body dry. The main reason I bought it was for the wristies which protects you from wind getting into the jacket; this was important to me because whenever wind gets into the jacket your body disposes heat faster which can cause your muscles cramp and drop your body power in seconds.
Never tried it while extreme raining but it easily managed with mild drops.
on 23 August 2013
I bought this jacket as a winter splash jacket for rowing. The review that said the arms were too long actually made me buy this. In rowing this is one of the most difficult parts of a splash jacket - finding one with long enough arms. The back is a perfect length, long enough to stop you getting cold but short enough to not get caught in the slide.

The elasticated base keeps it tight to your body. Also the arm length is perfect. At front stops my wrists are still covered and I am 6'4"! It is nice and tight around the chest and body area so my oar never gets caught up in extra material. The vents are perfectly located to keep you cool, while not letting the cold air cramp your muscles.

I am very happy with this jacket!

See one answered question