Customer reviews

Surtur Rising
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 September 2017
Awesome metal at it's best fast furious if you need something to adrenaline your fuse box play it loud.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 8 May 2016
I recon that Odin opened the Gates of Valhalla and gave Amon Amarth his personal book of monster riffs. Seriously. From the opening track to the last Amon Amarth sledgehammer your ears with a wall of metal sound containing quite honestly some of the greatest guitar riffs of all time. Brutal but catchy. Screaming but melodic.

Make no mistake. This is a tour de force of Nordic Metal. Honestly I think this may just be one of the greatest metal albums ever to have been created. And the odd thing is that I'm generally not a fan of growling vocals having cut my teeth on the NWOBHM back in the day. Amon Amarth manage to be as heavy as it can be but retain a sense of tune and melody. It's bloody awesome to be honest.

And I only started listening to them about a month ago as well. Since then I've bought all of their albums most of which are superb. This, however in my opinion is the best. It pulls me from me from my very rock core and appeals at a level that is almost primaeval.

Anyway, if you are thinking about this band then don't hesitate. It's a stunning album on all levels.
on 9 September 2017
‘Surtur Rising’ is more of the same from Viking themed metallers Amon Amarth. It follows on from ‘Twilight Of The Thunder God’, so expect a fairly accessible take on Death Metal, with a very polished sound. There’s also covers of System Of A Down’s “Aerials”, Accept’s “Balls To The Wall” and Kiss song “War Machine” which adds variety to the album.
on 26 April 2014
Awesome from the Norse metal machine that is Amon Amarth , the vocals are a strong point as ever , courtesy of man mountain Johan Hegg , but it's the sheer intensity/ferocity of the music that makes amon amarth such a force ,
As a bonus there is a cover of system of a down`s Aerials on my kindle version which is f***ing awesome !!!
Buy it , buy any of their albums
on 26 June 2014
My favourite Amon Amarth's album.

They've got the power. They've got the melodies in the raw hurricane of sound. Classic melo-death masterpiece.

Not that I wish for it, but I think this is their peak as a band.

\m/
on 17 February 2013
If you imagine a perfect album listen to this. It's my first experience of aa and I'm awe struck. It's fantastic and simply buy it
on 3 June 2014
They just keep getting better don't they? I listened to this on repeat for about 3 months when I got it, I love it :-)
on 13 May 2014
this the 3rd amon cd ive bought,, and it is also excellent,, play it loud and you carnt go wrong
on 4 March 2016
Awesome CD & an excellent service from the provider.
on 15 November 2014
Great album all the way through