on 19 August 2015
I have been searching for a small bag to carry my macbook air 13 plus additional items to the office in London. My leather briefcase is too big and nobody seems to do bag for this purpose.

I have a small zip up pouch (about the size of a small wash bag) with my power cable, VGA, Ethernet, Mouse, USB cables etc. This bag comfortably fits the Macbook, the pouch, my A5 moleskine, portable battery pack, glasses case & bose in-ear noise cancelling headphones. There is room to spare, quite a lot, certainly a small brolly and additional notebook if required.

In the front pocket I have keys, wallet, id badge etc.

Being a neoprene type material it is just smart enough for business use, gives good cushioning, some water protection, and has a touch of elasticity if required.

Does the job perfectly.
on 26 June 2015
I use this case with a Dell e7440, power leads and HDMI cables. Love it. Perfect fit. Light. Good protection. The best thing is, it's not bulky.
This is a fantastic laptop case. If you're just after a basic case just for carrying your laptop and a few items, this is perfect and I thoroughly recommend it. I have a 14" laptop and it fits perfectly, there's still a bit of room in the case as well so I can even use my neoprene laptop sleeve as well for extra protection.

The main compartment does not have any dividers or anything, it is designed just to house the laptop. The zip to access the compartment is really nice quality too, the whole case feels very well made indeed.

The front compartment is handy for other items as well. I have managed to get my mains cable and power pack and my mouse in there. They do stick out a bit, but they do fit in. I took a bit of a gamble with this case as other reviewers had said that they couldn't fit their chargers etc in. This was not the case for me. If you just need a case for the laptop and mains charger and a few small items, you will fit them in, but that'll be it.

The shoulder strap cannot be removed, but is adjustable and has a 'grippy' padded area which makes carrying the laptop a comfy experience. The handles are really comfortable and very secure. The whole case has padding to protect the laptop as well, it's not really tick or anything, but it will protect your laptop from small knocks etc. The case does not weigh much either so it is really easy to carry your laptop around.

I'm really happy with it. It is a very well made, simple laptop case which was just what I was after.
on 16 May 2012
I have had this bag for a couple of months now and it has impressed me no end. It is large enough to contain my 13.3 laptop and an iPad 2 at the same time and to carry the leads and other bits and bobs needed though it is a tight squeeze for both. However I usually use it for the iPad and some documents for work and for that purpose it is absolutely perfect.

There is a side pocket which is very useful for smaller bits and pieces. So far it looks as good as new despite daily use. Highly recommended.
55 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 October 2011
I bought this for my new 13.1" MacBookPro (MBP) which is a slim laptop and admittedly a little small for this bag but that is exactly what I wanted as I didn't want to force it in. I have ordered a skin for the MBP which will make it a little bigger when installed so that should make it even a better fit in the case. The quality is there as you would expect, especially with the zips which are very smooth .I am quite pleased with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone with a small laptop.
VINE VOICEon 28 March 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I had just been given a HP laptop and this looked just the job to keep it in. I have to say though.Despite the bag itself being very good quality,the laptop itself is ever such a faff to get inside. It just about fits with nothing to spare despite it apparently being the right size for the laptop itself. I would suggest this would be a better bet for a smaller...say 12"...laptop.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 March 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This protective carrying bag, which is recommended for a 14.1 inch widescreen laptop and notebook, has two compartments.

The main compartment for the laptop/notebook measures 34.2 cm by 25.4 cm by 4.5 cm (internally). It has a thin padding to help protect your precious machine. All the seams have been covered in a braid and double stitched for extra strength.

The other compartment is a side pocket which measures 26 cm by 20.5 cm, though it does reach an extra 5.5 cm above the zip making a 26 cm by 26 cm flat storage area.

Externally the bag measures 38.1 cm wide by 30.5 cm deep by 5.1 cm across.

Both pockets have, what appear to be, very strong zips.

The top handles are made of a thick woven mesh-type braiding which is solid at first by does soften with use. The shoulder strap is not detachable, and has a reinforced fixed shoulder pad, but it is capable of adjustment at either side of the pad.

There is a woven mesh strap with a Velcro fastener which can be used to attach it to the handle of a trolley suitcase.

As with a lot of laptop bags there is a problem of where to keep the plug, cables, etc. You must either push them in to the main pocket with the laptop risking damage to the computer or try to fit them in the flat pocket at the front. If you have to put the plug in with the machine then I would suggest that you wrap the plug in a sock to help stop the possibility of scratching.

This bag is meant to hold a laptop/notebook, but it also holds a personal DVD player securely with room at the side for the dreaded plug, cables and headphones.

The bag is very well made but would you expect less from a product made by SwissGear who are "the makers of the genuine Swiss army knife". They are so sure of the quality of their bag that it comes with a limited lifetime warranty covering manufacturing faults only.

This is a small but quite impressively made lightly padded laptop bag.
on 1 April 2012
My 14 inch laptops fits perfectly plus there is 2 cm of room to spare, my power brick mouse and RJ-45 calbe fit perfectly inside the side pocket of the bag. The added strap means you can carry your laptop any where plus it look good. Great product !!!
on 9 September 2012
Having searched around for a little while to find a decent 14 inch laptop bag this is a winner!

As soon as the item arrived and I put in my Sony 14 inch laptop it was a perfect fit. I did have small doubts that the laptop would be a tight fit but its an ideal match! The laptop fits perfectly with around 5mm gap on either sides. So don't worry if your laptop is a 14", it should fit fine.

The bag is made out of very good quality material. It is padded on all sides and double stitched in most places making it very rugged and wear resistant. It is made out of soft material which you will find in laptop sleeves which is double the thickness and has a soft velvet interior.

The bag also has a strap which unfortunately is not detachable but has a nice "tear resistant" shoulder pad and somewhat fair amount of travel on the straps. (will be too short for you if your over 6 foot).

There is a small pocket at the front of the bag which is big enough for a notepad and some pens but will be a very tight fit if your planning of putting books in it.

In general I am highly pleased with this bag and would recommend it!

DISCLAIMER: Unless your planning on buying this for a 13 inch laptop, there will NOT be enough space for a charger if your buying this for a 14 inch laptop!
on 8 January 2014
Bought almost exactly a year ago to ferry my laptop (Dell 14" Latitude) and cable around when I am working at remote sites.

The bag just fits a 14" laptop and would be very snug for a 14.1" laptop. I could get the laptop, charging cable and mouse into the bag and a notepad but very little else. This was, however, what I was after. I did not want a full, bulky laptop bag and in this purpose it served me very well and I was perfectly happy with the product.

After around 6 months one of the straps had started fraying and today it had finally broken. I can't pinpoint exactly how it was damaged but be wary if you are using this bag to treat it a little carefully.

I would claim a refund on the lifetime guarantee but have found that I will need a slightly larger bag for my needs, it is a shame as it is a very nice looking piece of kit