These LeapReader Junior books are a brilliant introduction to reading for your little one and will help encourage them to get excited about reading too. We have both the LeapFrog LeapReader Junior Scout Book Pal and LeapFrog LeapReader Junior Violet Book Pal for my son and daughter. I bought the Scout book pal and several of the books for my 2 year old son as he has been struggling with his speech and I thought that this reading system would help him along with more words. I'm pleased to say that I do think they have actually helped him although I do still need to encourage him to use the book pal as he loves sitting there just looking at the books without it too. I was so impressed with the Scout book pal that I bought the Violet book pal for my daughter for when she starts to read too.

Scout & Friends LeapReader Junior Book:-
This is a really sweet story featuring Leapfrog's Scout and Violet and teaches positions of things such as in front, behind, on, inside, through and beside so the educational content on this book is really good alongside the sweet story. My children love this story as they both have Scout and Violet My Pals each. The Scout & Friends book is like the others in the range in that it is a thick paged board book style so really good for little hands and will also (and has in our house already!) take some bashing about too. This is one of the Junior books that has more of a substantial story to it and so alongside teaching positions of things feels and reads like a very good book. There are lots of other little interactive points alongside the story for your little one to discover with their book pal too and so a really nice Junior book in the range which both of my little ones enjoy.

The Book Pals:-
The book pals are identical apart from the colours and one being called Violet and the other Scout. I love that you can personalise Violet and Scout so that when you turn them on and off they say your childs name as this makes it feel like they are actually talking to your little one and immediately you can see it encourages them to use Violet and Scout. The books are very easy to load and unload once you download the Leapfrog Connect to your computer and I have done this several times now (because of the small memory on both of the book pals). Both the Scout and Violet book pals come with a USB lead and to connect them to your computer you remove the battery cover which is where both the batteries are stored and the USB connection is. You don't need a screwdriver to open them either as you can open them with a 1p coin just as well. Scout and Violet are very easy to hold for little hands and along with their main power button they also have a volume button too. Scout and Violet are the same size and both measure approx 10cm high by 6cm wide and 6cm deep at their tummy which is their widest point and they have been very cleverly designed to fit into your little ones hand. Your little one doesn't need to swipe them across any writing for them to read it and they just need to tap or touch the writing and both will read the whole paragraph or sentence. The LeapReader Junior book pals and books are a really good introduction to reading for your little one and I would definitely recommend them if you are thinking about them. I have managed to get most of the range at less than the normal full price by keeping an eye out for price drops on Amazon and with it being quite a big range it certainly is worth keeping tabs and taking advantage of price drops when they happen.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 March 2014
I purchased this book for my son who has a diagnosis of autism. My son loves books and go a leap pad several months ago. He loves Scout, Violet, Eli & Penny and plays various games on the leap pad with them in it so the character recognition got him interested. I actually specifically purchased this as my son has the same ebook on his leap pad. Same story, same sounds, same illustrations. Scout finds some puppy biscuits in front of his door and goes to share them with Violet, on the way he finds Eli and Penny who both need help in various situations and Scout shares his biscuits with them. When he gets to violets they're all gone, but violet tells scout she left them for him and is happy he shared with their friends. The illustrations are lovely. Also in the story directional words are highlighted - ie "the puppy biscuits were IN FRONT of scouts door" there are several throughout the book. Character voices, puppy noises. My son loves it, but I think mainly because he loves Scout and loves playing the games with these characters on the leap pad. I do like it because it addresses sharing with others and helping others. It is expensive or what it is, but I'd recommend getting it while to discounted as is well worth the price and if your child doesn't like it I'd say your likely to get your money back on eBay
on 13 October 2013
With very little to click on, this book doesnt interest my 2-yr-old for very long. The one and only musical piece on the front page is the most entertaining part. I found the story of the dog biscuits on the tree ridiculous.

The grammer rule that the book is trying to teach is lost on very young children.
on 24 August 2012
I bought this for my little boy who's just turned two, and we both really like it - he enjoys it and I'm pleased that he's learning and having fun. It's a nice story, some activities and nicely illustrated. Would very much recommend, I can see him playing with this for a while...
on 22 January 2013
My 20 month old daughter loves this book. It's cute and educational. There are so many places on the pages to touch with the reader and my daughter loves finding them. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it.
on 14 June 2013
I have three granddaughters who love these books. This one is nice because they already know scout and violet from toys they have. Age ranges from just 2 to nearly 4.
on 17 March 2013
Bright and interesting for children gives our of learning whilst being full of fun colourfully and educational at the same time excellent for all
on 8 December 2016
You need a degree in Rocket Science to set these up but after that they are cute with Scout reading the pages
on 28 November 2014
This is a nice little book with a sweet story. Both my 1 & 3 year old enjoy using it
on 23 April 2016
Lovely little book love this whole collection