on 14 June 2011
So, the third installment comes to an end. Now what I am going to do? Horrific and suspensfull, leaves you wondering and wanting all the time. Written brilliantly and easy to follow. Will another book be written?? Ooooh, I hope so!!!! Diane, Tamworth x
on 9 October 2016
Having really enjoyed 'Desert Places' (book 1) and 'Locked Doors' (book 2) in the Andrew Thomas series, I had high hopes for this third book and how very disappointed I was. Firstly, I realised it would be a short story as it was a novella, but I wasn't expecting it to finish at just 69%. And why is it that when our hero finally gained the upper hand, he decided not to kill the pesky, troublesome Luther when he had the chance? I mean, what was that all about? I'm afraid I wanted a happy ending and I didn't get it. I wanted Andy to melt back into the Yukon life he loved with his new girl. Clearing his name might have been nice as well, so he could finally stop looking over his shoulder all of the time. I'm a real fan of Blake Crouch, but as a finale to the trilogy, this just didn't work for me at all and I regretted the £1.99 that I had spent on it. In fact, I wished that I'd left the story at the end of 'Locked Doors' - I would have been a lot happier.
on 12 October 2011
As good as the first two of this trilogy, but way too short (a critism or a compliment? I'm not sure), bear in mind that the book ends at 69% with the remainder being previews etc.

The ending was a little strange, depressing in a way and apparently well thought out, but left open sufficiently enough to continue again with the main character.

Still looking forward to reading more from Crouch.
on 22 April 2013
I really enjoyed the first two I read Desert Places and Locked Doors, they were excellent. This one was a lot shorter and nowhere near as good. Even though it is a horror/thriller type story, this one comes across as just more of the same for the sake of it, they are all improbable of course but this was more so. I like my fiction to be consistent. I do feel let down by this book and won't be rushing to buy any more, I already have Abandon/ed which is not of this series so I will read that and hopefully restore my earlier enthusiasm for this author
on 18 July 2013
Not only did I find this frightening, but very uncomfortable too. Having read the two previous books - Desert Places and Locked Doors - I supposed I should have known what to expect. The thing is that although I felt uncomfortable reading the book, I couldn't put it down, but it left me with an odd feeling when I had finished it. If the author writes any more Andrew Thomas/Luther Kite books, then I won't be buying.
on 21 April 2012
I really enjoyed this book but I think it was too short. OK I no it's a novella and it's meant to be short but I would of preferred it if it was a full length novel like the previous two, which I greatly enjoyed. I think this novella was a bit rushed but I suppose that's why its called a novella. Well done Mr Crouch but I preferred the previous two novels.
on 24 January 2013
The third instalment carries on where the other two left off ..... absolutely brilliant. Really well written, full of suspense and horror ... I don't know where the author gets his ideas! Highly recommended, again not for the feint hearted . . . but now what ? .... I want more!
on 20 January 2016
Another great read from Blake crouch. He has got a really good imagination. Have. Read three of his books now and each one better than the last. Brilliant. Just looking for his next one now.
on 24 August 2014
A bit to extreme for me . I think I would have skipped this book just didn't think it did the series any justice. Enjoyed parts though and brilliantly written as ever
on 22 April 2013
Enjoyed this book up to a certain point, but the endless violence put me off slightly. Ending was unusual and not very satisfying after everything he had been through.