on 23 May 2017
One of the zips broke quite quickly. Apart from that it's a good bag.
on 25 July 2017
Much cheaper than the high street shops and is a great bag!
on 18 November 2016
I bought this bag for running into work and frankly I am disappointed. I previously had a Mountain Equipment Speed 20 (20 litre capacity) which I found absolutely brilliant for comfort, durability, practicality and I just managed to fit everything I needed into it. After 10 years of continuous use I felt the need to replace it and was saddened to see that Mountain Equipment no longer sell this type of bag. One of the reasons I chose this Berghaus was because of its 25 litre capacity, thinking I would appreciate the extra bit of space over the ME. But this actually feels smaller! I really do question whether this is a 25 litre bag.
The overall quality seems OK but I find the opening of the main zips quite fiddly - they can easily get trapped behind the bungee cord making opening and closing the bag more difficult than it should be.
I still haven't found the magic fit for running. The back and straps seem comfortable enough and do a good job of not absorbing sweat, but the height adjustable chest strap just keeps slipping to its highest setting where it is of no use at all - especially with heavier loads e.g. laptop and winter gear.
Still - it's better than the Inov8 bag I got before this (from a different seller) which was more expensive and utter rubbish. That could best be described as like a sleeping bag cover! That went straight back.
on 27 June 2011
am really pleased with this. comfortable shoulder straps. plenty of separate well sized compartments and external mesh pockets for water bottle and shampoo for when i go to aquafit (although these could be taller)
excellent price point for the quality and scope of the bag
on 9 August 2012
I bought this for my Three Peak Challenge and the advice was that I needed an average sized pack - adaptable and light weight. This achieved those things but overall it became a reliable friend and one that I didnt need to worry about - throughout the pain of my task of walking/hiking and climbing I never needed to worry about the pack digging into me or failing.
on 8 October 2013
Over the last few years I've been travelling around the world and been looking for the backpack that would be big enough to carry all my stuff but as ightweight as possible and I whink I finally found it.
Either using it on a daily bassis or packing all the gear for a few days out this backpack has performed greatly withouth breaking my back,
Highly recommended it.
on 19 March 2017
Good product suits my needs
on 8 October 2011
To be fair I've been using the same bag for the last year and a half that I took travelling around the world. That's a Kata DR466i, and as it's done tens of thousands of miles, I thought time to replace it.

I'm potentially spoiled as a result - being now accustomed to padding throughout the bag, in the lining and a plethora of useful and sturdy pockets and zippers. So to go from that to this bag, and there are so many drawbacks that I'll be looking to replace it almost immediately.

Put simply - it's not up to the task. Berghaus' usual quality seems to have vanished and the lining present throughout the bag is almost non-existant. If you're using this bag for clothes and things that can take a knock - go ahead. The back support system and straps are also a good fit, though they head off away from your chest too much for my liking, putting a greater requirement on your shoulders to bear load, rather than your back. The internal pockets are connected to the ultra-thin outer-lining, which will hence also remain flimsy and collapse in on themselves given any weight greater than paper. So it's not ideal - in fact I'd suggest looking elsewhere if you want any kind of protection whatsoever for your contents.

As a sports bag, or for cycling - this is arguably a great bag, though again due to the lack of strength or support in any of the lining, I certainly wouldn't be keen loading it up with my laptop, shoes and change of clothes - without packing strategically to use the clothes as a lining-by-proxy.

Having had my Kata and used it for laptop, camera, sports, travel, cycling and running, I can't help but be disappointed by this bag.
on 5 January 2012
Just a note to see if anyone else has had the same problem, used the bag a couple of times and noticed that the dye had leached from the green material on the bag. The dye ruined a perfectly good coat and the carpet where i had placed the bag down. The main area of Leaching was around the front zip - anyone else with this problem? Amazon would not refund only advice to contact the manufacturer who promptly advised me to contact the retailer AMAZON!! No luck there for me then.
on 9 July 2013
Excellent quality backpack, as expected from Berghaus.
Fits laptop up to 15.6, has 2 bottle pockets and some zipped internal pockets.