on 18 November 2015
I bought these to test a pair as optional walking socks for colder weather, but they're as long as I'd expected when seeing the illustration, which appears to suggest a knee length to wrap you up snug against the cold.

This is more mid-thigh length and doesn't even reach the top of my calf, so it's always at maximum stretch at the top - most likely to slide down rather than stay up over long use.

Might be good for a lighter walking sock not in deep winter. Good for heavier ski/sport use when you're building up a sweat.
on 21 October 2015
Really disappointed. Described as long length, in reality Socks length is well short of the knee and I only have short legs. I would describe as mid calf length only. Nothing like as long as they look in the picture. Also size is 7-11 and I am size 8 and the socks are tight. Oh well you live and learn. These are going in the charity bag .
on 13 November 2015
Very poor quality, material is synthetic and feels cold on. Not as described.
The padding is just different coloured thread and offers no additional support. Normal pair of thick cotton socks have better protection.
Returning item but have to pay £6:00 for collection. Don't understand how they can get away with misleading descriptions and then deduct half the refund for collection when you return the item. I wonder if the people reviewing received a different item because what I received was of very poor quality.
on 11 September 2015
I have only had chance to try them on indoors so far, but they provide great warmth and pad out my feet enough to make my boots fit snug.
The socks feel of great quality too and I expect they'll last a few winters - £8.99 for a pack of two is a excellent value.
Would have rated these a 5-star if they were a little longer - ideally they would come up to just below kneecap length (like football socks) but they fall a little short and don't quite cover the calf muscle. Not a problem for me as I've bought them for cold weather wear - not skiing - so I just roll them down to my shin.
on 2 October 2017
Disappointed with the size, thickness and colour (didn't see anywhere on the description 1 pair are bright red) as purchased for work to keep my trousers in my work boots, I am a size 5 and they are huge on me, and not as thick as previous ski socks I've had.
on 11 November 2016
Bought for my son's skiing trip. They arrived today and are OK, he's a size 7 and they fit him, I wouldn't want to be a size 11 trying them. He's 13 and they don't reach his knees. Also one pair were different lengths. I was going to get 4 pairs but will look elsewhere.
on 10 October 2016
These were for my husbands boots for winter, as normal mens' socks slide down inside. These fit well (he's 51/2 and socks are 4-7), and sit just to his knee as he was hoping. I think they will wash well too, as they feel a snug knit. Ooh! Happy Hubby!
on 3 April 2017
Warm socks that kept my feet warm and dry during my snowboarding lesson, however I'm a size 3 - 4 and they are a little big but they still did the job so I'm still very happy with them
on 15 February 2016
Bought these to wear inside my motorbike boots. They arrived shortly after placing the order. One sock had a small hole but no problem!! Excellent quality and fit perfect. Nice and warm and ribbed for a great fit. 2 pairs means a spare when travelling just in case!
on 18 February 2013
I bought a pair of these as a back-up.

I was amazed at the range of foot sizes they covered and should have realised. They did fit my feet but only after I'd bruised my fingers pulling them my heal. They was no more give in the material.

Comfort wise they were OK. But I have worn them since and they move around a lot in other types of boots.

I would only recommend these if want some disposable ones and you have feet a lot smaller than the maximum range.

See one answered question