on 3 August 2014
For anyone wondering about the size of the camera compartment I can confirm that this should hold most if not all DSLR cameras. I have an 85mm Macro lens attached to a Nikon D800 and it fits comfortably inside the compartment. Also this bag is indeed within regulation size for being used as hand luggage on flights. The bag itself is well made, robust and although it sits on a slant when left on the floor it hasn't fallen over on me once. I bought this as an inbetween of my Calumet BP1500 backpack (huge) and my Lowepro Rezo 180AW (compact) and I get the feeling that I will rarely be using either of those in the future as this bag is just so handy that it would be hard to leave at home. I would recommend this as a first and probably only bag for the majority of Photographers from beginner through to Pro.
on 24 July 2014
Another Lowepro bag to add to the collection. My Samsung laptop only just fits, it measures 375mm x 255mm x 22mm though the dedicated pocket is well padded.
The only slight criticism would be that the main compartment zips tend to snag on the weather protection top strip.
Also note that although there are numerous internal pockets this is main a bag for those wanting for safe transit of a laptop and associated bits and bobs who also want to provide dedicated storage of an SLR.
My K-7 with Sigma 50mm f1.4 with petal hood attached the right way round fits with bags of room to spare. My JVC Everio video camera sits on top (with a pad from another bag between to avoid scratches).
Great travel bag, even Ryanair allow it as a carry on.
|33 Comments|Report abuse
on 5 November 2011
Received mine within two days of ordering. I've had a few gadget/camera bag's in my time & this is the best because; it has no add-on pockets which stick out there's room for everything I like to carry inside out of the way with no loss off shape to the outside. I've put my 35mm SLR with lens & hood in the camera pocket with plenty of room spare... the rest of the bag has my 10" tablet pc & 10" netbook, several maps & a couple of books, smartphone & charger, compact camera, pen x2, mp3 player, usb card reader, several leads, spare batteries, compass, keys, lens filter's & I still have loads of room! maybe for a lunch box, drinks bottle etc & there's still spare pockets! Like I've already said the fact that all this is in there with no loss of shape to the outside all add to the comfort of carrying it. It doesn't end there, the straps have a built in carry handle which is very handy & half way down the straps are two very strong hoops, which now holds a small flashlight. The bag is very very well made & every detail thought about, all the zips can bunch up on one side if you pefer, I do for sercurity. A must have for any gadget freak or photographer.
on 18 January 2012
I have been looking for a bag which would carry my 13" MacBook pro, Canon 600d and a few things like sd cards, usb cables etc etc. This looked to be perfect for me, and I have to say it is! The bag is very well made, the zips and pockets are strong and built to last. It fits everything in and still has space for more if I needed it. The pocket for the lap top fits my macbook like a glove...No moving about. I can also put my macbook in while it has a case on it...Still goes in the pocket no trouble. My camera feels safe, no movement while in the bag. This is the first bag that I have been 100% pleased with. I'm very happy.
6 people found this helpful
on 20 July 2014
Had this bag at least a year, and I don't treat it very nicely. It gets stuffed with tools, clothes, laptops, whatever I need for work or just going out and about. Had the occasional zip snag issue recently, but I would say that was down to me overloading it.

Its designed to keep a laptop in it, which it does quite well. I originally bought it to keep my ipad in, as well as tools etc for work. The ipad fits really nicely in the pocket in the main compartment, so much so that you sometimes forget it's there. I also have a 15 inch laptop that I use sometimes, and although that fits, I think you would struggle with a laptop any bigger!

On the whole a great comfy bag.
on 18 March 2014
I've had this bag since July 13th 2013 and now it's the 18th of March 2014! The delivery was very good, came in a big box. It still looks brand new and it has lots of space inside. I'm going to Tunisia for a holiday in May and will be perfect. I can fit a laptop, water, batteries, tripod, (sticks out the bag, but I don't mind) (I have a redsnapper tripod, which is quite tall) and other accessories including filters, and a small lunch box. My Sony SLT A77V fits perfectly inside the camera holder and also when it rains it doesn't go through into the camera holder, or into any other parts of the bag.

Great back, recommended!
on 16 March 2013
I wanted a fairly small day bag to carry my camera, a few accessories, jacket, a bit of food etc. and this is perfect. Even though it's a compact bag, it is very well padded and can hold a surprising amount of kit with lots of useful pockets and sections.

One thing that I would have liked was a tripod holder on the side, even though I get my Giottos Vitruvian tripod inside the bag. I might see if I can attach a couple of Velcro straps on the outside to hold it.

It is a well constructed bag, all the straps and zips feels strong. For £50 this really is excellent value!
on 13 April 2013
I have a Lowepro CompuTrekker AW that I use whenever I travel abroad but that is simply too bulky and heavy for everyday use. So for work I'd been using a Stealth Reporter D400 AW for my photo and video gear, and an Incase 15" Nylon Sleeve for my Mac Book Pro Retina (with an Incase 15" Neoprene Sleeve inside, just to be extra cautious). But the unbalanced and unsupported weight was proving too much for my back. So after watching and reading dozens of reviews, I purchased the Lowepro CompudayPhoto 250 Backpack. My main concern was if the MBPr would fit in the laptop compartment, as I had read some reviews where the authors' laptops didn't fit.

I am happy to say that my MBPr fits just fine in the laptop compartment, even with the Incase 15" Neoprene Sleeve (though with the sleeve it does feel a bit tight, but I will still be using it). I've also managed to fit the following into the bag:

In the camera compartment: A Nikon D300 camera with the Nikon MB-D10 Battery Pack attached (no lens attached to the camera). And smartly placed on top of it, my Canon LEGRIA HF-S30 video camera.

In the main compartment: My MBPr, and on the space adjacent to the camera compartment, a Nikon 80-200 f/2.8 lens with the hood inverted. On top of that I just placed my Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 lens and my Nikon SB-800 speed light (folded in an L shape).

In the middle compartment: A Rode Videopro Mic (inside the mesh pocket), extra batteries for the Nikon, the Canon, the flash and my microphone, my Nikon's CF cards, my iPhone 5 in one of the phone/mp3player pockets (though it was obviously designed for a smaller phone like the iPhone 4), and the power chord for the MBPr.

In the external pocket: My Sony MDR-V55 DJ Stereo Headphones.

I also tried putting the Nikon inside the camera compartment with the 17-55 f/2.8 lens attached and it worked fine, but I had to remove the Nikon MB-D10 Battery Pack from the camera. With that configuration, I still managed to put the Nikon grip and the Canon video camera inside the main compartment, along with the 80-200.

As my previous Lowepro bags, the material and the build is 100% sturdy and high quality. Yet, it is not much larger than a school backpack.

As of now I love this bag. I might revisit this review in a couple of weeks, once I've used it on a daily basis.
on 7 November 2011
Very impressed with this backpack - my Nikon D40 with zoom lens fits neatly into the camera pouch leaving enough room inside for a extra lens or your lunch! There is a separate compartment for your netbook (I use it for maps) and small inner pockets for mobile/keys etc. I also manage to fit in a pair of binoculars and my GPS without any problems. A removable pouch is also included (they suggest it's for leads). There is also a reasonably large bottle holder on the outside. I have found the backpack very comfortable to wear. If you don't have a netbook and ignore the 'computer' aspect of this product, it makes and excellent walking/hiking camera bag. Good quality finish as well - recommended!
6 people found this helpful
on 19 May 2014
I travel at lot and needed a flight friendly bag for a large lens camera , phones, mac and iPad. This is perfect, it's very light has room for all my electronics and other bits including drinks but it's not big and it's very lightweight as well.
Also there are plenty of pockets for odds and ends .
If you don't have a camera ( the pocket moves away) there would be room for a days clothes