Format: Personal Computers|Change

on 9 August 2014
Excellent fit and great price. Really protects it well and son still able to stand up right to watch his movies.
on 22 March 2017
Does what it says on the tin. Can't get to excited
on 26 April 2012
MM = Motorola Madness

WHY is it that apple appears to get it right all of the time, whereas Motorola never seems to get it?

The XOOM at its recent PRICE drop is well worth it, cost wise it allows you to explore the landscape of accessories you can get for it.
But with every accessory it seems that the LIGHT was out when they where designing it! (Docking station, keyboard, mouse, I've got them all so I am speaking from experience)

This case for example - does what it says on the CAN - it protects the Xoom, it provides a stand which is great in use...

But then there's the issues.
FIRST is the inability to use the protection case as a charger... you can re-design the folder easily by DRILLING a couple of HOLES in the base so that you can thread the USB charger cable through!!!! (As said the LIGHT was out when they designed it)

Alternately - you turn the XOOM around and fit it into the case upside down so that the charger inputs are exposed - this is an easier option, with the charger cables appearing at the top - doesnt look attractive - but it works.

The case is DURABLE and will protect the XOOM, but isn't esthetically pleasing...
Use of the case - as a STAND - GREAT, but using it as a BOOK working with the XOOM is very awkward... in the end you have to REMOVE it!!! and then use a GEL COVER - these are GREAT to use - highly recommend you get one

FITTING of your XOOM - well its scary... the XOOM is Tough and this is a TOUGH case, so you have to SLIDE the XOOM into the case, to remove is the reverse - and its NOT EASY to do! You feel if your going to Scratch the Xoom - its not easy to do - but then again you don't want it to slip out either. But as said the whole thing is a TOUGH unit.

So overall PRACTICALLY - it does what it says on the CAN - it protects your XOOM
but if your looking on GREAT DESIGN - then you should have brought a iPad, but I didnt - WHY because I wanted the flexibility of Android, as well as being able to SEE FLASH WEBSITES, as well as saving myself £300 over the comparable iPad!

So winners and losers - Ive saved £300 and can live with the issues...

OH the cost £9.99 BRILLIENT

So no loss there...
(means you can drill a couple of holes in the base without fear )
on 16 May 2013
I have been after a case like this to protect my xoom and not adding hardly no weight to this already 'not-a-light-weight' tablet for ages!!!. It doesn't make the tablet bulky and difficult to hold due to it's low profile design also when using it in Book made too -the bottom part with the groves flips back 360* to sit behind the Xoom-.

In the same 'sitting up' position (same position as the Xoom in the picture) as I call it, I have no worries about using my tab with both hands as the case make the xoom feel secure that it wont be pushed back as I tap the screen. Also I find it a good position for sitting at my kitchen table for web browsing or using Skype BTW people can clearly hear me as soft form doesn't muffle the mic.

In the next position (the grove just in-front of the tab is brilliant for when I'm on the sofa.

when closing the case I lift the plastic bit up to help it over the top of my Xoom as not to mark the rubber on the top of the Xoom even though this part does has a nice blunt finish to it. When I case it closed there is a hole for the charging port.
on 7 May 2014
Appalling product, cheap nasty quality, amazed that Motorola would put their name to this rubbish!!. Apparently this was sold for £29.99 when it first came on sale, l paid £3.99 for the one delivered today, guess what?? It 'ain't worth that!!.

Purchased as a replacement for my duradadget case which is getting tatty after 4 years of daily use, put the Moto case on the tablet and 3 hours later put the tatty duragadhet one back on!!

You have to unclip the lower portion of the hard casing literally from the back of the Xoom to enable use as a stand, cannot charge with the tablet in the case when closed an I'll thought through poorly designed price of crap, shame on you Motorola!!
O
on 29 December 2012
I find it very useful.
The material seems to be appropriate for protection against the 'elements', and personally I like the rugged look it provides. Ladies will not go for it however.

I've seen some people complain that there is no hole at the bottom for the charging cable and they had to cut one. Mine came out of the box with a hole.

On the downside: You can't have headphones and the charging cable plugged in at the same time, but this is mostly caused by the tablet's design and not the folio case.

Overall it's great and not expensive at all.
on 5 February 2012
I bought this to protect my new tablet, and it does a great job of that. It securely holds the tablet in place so it doesn't slip out, but there are a few flaws: a) no cutouts for USB/HDMI/Power - arguably where it's needed more. Secondly, while the inside is a cushioning fabric/foam sort of material, it leaves marks on the screen - especially since it has troughs in it where you can stand the tablet.

Other than that, it's pretty good and so far has served me well.
on 4 October 2012
This case looks very good, far better than my leather one. It fits perfectly and shows the whole screen and make the xoom looks sleeker than with my previous one. The connectors are not accessible when the case is closed, but it is easy to unfold for charging at nights. The best of all is the price, for less than five pound it is difficult to find something better to protect your xoom.
on 15 December 2013
It's a protective case - it does what it says. It looks the bizz and I don't have any problems plugging the charge lead or operating the camera or on/off switch. I used to carry it in a stretchy pouch - this is so much better and the price at the time was excellent. Buy it!
on 10 July 2013
This product is a great addition to the Motorola XOOM and is of great quality, the price was just right and I find it a great help as a stand, the protection of the XOOM screen and back is perfect for the device and fits well in the hand, a good product for the XOOM. Thanks

See one answered question