on 3 November 2011
do not bother buying this edition it is worse than useless if you (like me) use a thesaurus a lot you will get angry and frustrated with it's lack of simple word analogies - zero stars
on 28 December 2012
Well, i read all of the other bad reviews so i can't say i wasn't forewarned. I simply didn't think it could be quite as bad as stated. Sadly, I was wrong and it really was a total waste of 77p. This version seems to almost defy its purpose; it's all but impossible to find the synonyms & antonyms you're looking for as the index and search functions are ... worse than useless; they're actually confounding, infuriating and exasperating. Even using Kindle for PC. So i bought a good old fashioned paper one, 2nd hand from a marketplace seller, for 1p + postage. Now i have instant access and instant results. This electronic version sucks. Big time. BELIEVE the bad reviews.
on 3 June 2013
It is rather difficult to trace a word and its alternative e means or words that are of a similar nature. Sometimes I have been lucky but the actual book has a definite advantage for easy access.
on 23 July 2013
Just does not work for me, other people may like I find pretty rubbish. I find a Collins Thesaurus much better but have not found a kindle version.
on 29 November 2013
I'm sure you've all got at least one Thesaurus in your possession. But imagine having the best one in the world always available on Kindle! You can get it on your smart phone so it's always with you and your Kindle makes it an easy accessible read. I have been known to read it for fun instead of reading a novel. Now I'm not suggesting you are a nerd such as this but I do think your life will be enriched by having this super Roget right on hand! Imagine the rich and erudite language of your letters and reports.....
on 28 November 2013
Very confusing and overly complicated to use. Just wanted to be given alternative suggestions for any word. Would not recommend.
on 12 March 2014
Not worth purchasing even at this low price. Unable to find word description easily. Not user friendly. Regret the purchase.
on 9 July 2012
For the price that I paid for this useful reference book I really can not complain but I must because I do not like the format of the book. I find it difficult to search for words that I am looking for and much prefer the old fashioned thesauraus's where one could find a word in seconds. Having said that I use the book daily and am getting used to the presentation and I have to admit it is good value for the money paid.
on 7 January 2014
Useless for my kindle. It could be me doing something wrong but I bought a paper one which does the job
on 27 August 2012
This book was not what I expected it to be. The words are not arranged in the order they were in a previous edition. This has meant that when I need to access it, it takes forever to find the word I need. I am finding that I am using the old paper version in preference to my new one. Perhaps I need instruction on how to use it, but so far I would not recommend it to anyone.