Customer reviews

on 20 September 2001
This book covers a massive amount of autocad applications useful to the engineer. However, the tutorials are not as thorough and easy to follow as some other books on the market. As a reference book this is ideal but if you wish to learn drafting and 3D modelling I would recommend David Frey's brilliant 'No experience required' and John Wilson's '3D Modelling'.
on 11 February 2011
I did not find this book easy to read, long winded sentences, in some cases pages! between lines of input instructions. Also I found several mistakes which had me scratching my head and staring blankly at the screen. The dual input instructions for Imperial and Metric coordinates did not exactly help either, It should be one or the other although having said that, there were a couple of instances when the Metric coordinates were completely missing which was obviously quite frustrating. I have worked through the course up to page 290 ( 900 left to go) and decided this book is not for me, I have now ordered "Introduction to AutoCAD 2010" by Alf Yarwood hopefully this book, may be for me.

I am not new to AutoCAD and I have read several other AutoCAD books before, such as the excellent "An introduction to AutoCAD 2000" by Alf Yarwood and the even better "AutoCAD 2002 3D modeling, a visual approach" by John Wilson (recommended by my college tutor) both of which i found more concise and much easier to follow.
on 24 April 2010
i found this book on autocad excellent the author is very good he ex-plane the book as if you did not know anything about computer drawing the step by step this author holds your hand and shows you the way through the book
on 8 December 2011
I was looking for a book to learn the 3D element of AutoCad 2010 - this book mainly covers 2D and as it is written by an architect most of the 3D work centres around drawing buildings with little for the mechanical engineer. Interesting to see what can be done with walk through's etc. Also as it is an American author it is written around imperial measure & cad settings - for a UK engineer metric would be more helpful.
A hefty tome and good value for money but will need to buy another book to suplement its shortcomings.
on 9 August 2011
This book was purchased after reading "Introduction to AutoCAD 2002" which was bought to teach myself the basics of CAD drawing.
After the initial shock of the amount of information included I found it to be useful and informative to build up my skills. I cannot say I am totally proficient as yet but step by step approach employed by the author certainly helps you to build on your skills.
on 26 January 1997
This book was very well thought out . It is graphic, easy to understand, and the author does not talk down to the reader. His sketches and command lines were explained in full detail. The only thing this book lacks, is a hard cover...because of it's use, we have worn out the soft cover.
on 13 December 2013
This transaction went very smoothly. The goods turned up on time. Will do buisness with this trader again. Can highly recommend them to others.
on 10 June 2016
Meats the goal to give full review of autocad 2010 usage.
on 30 October 2015
Comprehensive guide to those wishing to start AutoCAD!
on 25 January 2016
Still haven't mastered it. Massive book.