Customer reviews

Interplay
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 May 2016
His best album of the last ten years, every track is a classic.
The other albums he has released with The Maths are equally as good.
A highly recommended five star purchase, simply superb.
on 15 August 2015
John Foxx at his best since metamatic
Sounds new and exiting
Only Foxx could reinvent a great synth album An instant classic
on 11 October 2011
This latest CD is another quality product from John Foxx whose musical output stretches back over 30 years and has consistently been interesting and creative. Another welcome addition for the electronic section of my music collection joining Kraftwerk and Ultravox.
on 11 October 2011
WOW! I am very happy with this release. John Foxx and his crew put together some great songs a la Metamatic style. All the fun and funkiness of an analog synthscape are present. Great riffs, imagery lyrics, sound palette... simply a great collection of tunes. I would love to see this material performed live, but I live remotely in the Rockies and there isn't a snowball's chance that will happen. A shame, for this is a wonderful listen, track by track.

Pick up a copy. It is well worth the listen.
on 2 December 2014
Bought as a present for my husband...I'm not really into it, but he's chuffed to bits with it so, no doubt, I will be eventually!
on 18 November 2013
If you like electronic music you're going to love this you're in for a treat John Fox at his near best
on 4 February 2012
Is this retro? Harking back to the 80s? Entirely modern? I don't know and I don't care. I don't want to categorise it at all.

Apart from being brilliant album that has been my most played music for almost a year now. (and I think it will continue to be). One aspect (it may be the synth geek in me) is that the quality and richness of the electronic instruments are better than I have ever heard. But that shouldn't detract away from the great music.

Even my 7 year old daughter (a JLS and Britney fan) asks me to play Watching A Bulding On Fire and Summerland in the car.
on 1 May 2013
v c v b n m m n b v c nm , . m m, n n bbvn m
on 26 March 2011
Dark with unclear lyrics played in a style that has long since passed. I'd not kept up with John's work since the eighties but I was delighted recently when I found out John was still composing and had worked on this album. This, and all the accolades I thought I couldn't go wrong. I didn't listen to it all, as by the 5th track I'd had enough.
33 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse