on 4 November 2011
The idea was what sold it to me. To be able to rotate Ipad and stand in both horizontal & vertical aspects. The whole thing clips together snugly and easily.I am confident that "padoo"( my nickname for it, sorry) is well protected. Camera holes and access cut outs for all the side buttons & loudspeaker are excellent.Fully loaded the case seems rather heavy but this does help to reinforce that the kit is robust and the Ipad safe.
Sadly though the "stand" aspect of the case is poor.In the horizontal mode the back is just firm enough but in vertical mode the back starts to feel unsteady. Standing on a desk this is not, perhaps, a problem but reading from an armchair or even in/on a bed its not practical. The grooves that the Ipad nestles in are not deep enough and again, and on anything less that a flat table top, the Ipad tends to slip out of them particularly when stabbing fingers are using the keyboard.
So - Safe & well protected - Yes. Strong foolproof stand - No. I paid over £44. for the case from John Lewis ! a lot of money just for protection.
on 19 March 2012
Not a targus brand and it made of a hard leather breaks easily. Gutted! I feel I have wasted my money on a rubbish poduct.
33 Comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 September 2011
Have now purchased three of these for myself and staff at work. The oldest one is 8 months and still looks as good as new. It is excellent to be able to stand the screen in both landscape and portrait modes. They are durable and protect the Ipad well when travelling. If buying a folding case be sure to get one like this that folds in a way that the part that presses against the screen when closed is facing upwards when it is open. If you look at some other similar cases, the part that presses against the screen when folded is face down to get grit and dirt on it when open, and you soon get a scratched screen.
on 27 October 2011
The back of my ipad has been pitted a lot and it is permanently in the case, these marks could have only come from the case. It looks stylish but i haven't found it to be as hard wearing as anticipated. The rubber seals around the edge fell off within a couple of weeks and so the leather covering is coming away from the plastic case on the back. For the price paid for this i was expecting a lot more!
on 16 February 2012
If you want a fake Targus Rotating Case then this is the one for you. Shame that it never said that in the advert. They gave me my money back and let me keep the case as long as I didn't give them bad feed back. Hope this helps anyone else who thinks there getting a bargain when in fact there being ripped off with fakes.
on 12 April 2012
Very disappointed, wasn't the genuine Targus iPad case I was hoping for. Just a cheap copy and didn't even fit my ipad. Don't waste your money!!
on 5 November 2011
Looks really nice and bought this so could watch my movies on it using the stand but a bit disappointed as the iPad keeps falling down and doesn't stay in the groove very well.
on 13 October 2011
I had been searching for a case that would allow me to use my iPad in portrait position so I thought this was a perfect choice. However, whilst it is good in landscape it is not very sturdy in portrait so in that respect it was a waste of money. I have other cases that I can use to stand my iPad in landscape so didn't really need a new one so I was somewhat disappointed. However, I do like the fact that it has a smart cover and the strap to keep it in place. It protects the whole of my iPad rather than just the front screen and unlike my other cases, I do not need a separate wallet type case to keep it fully protected. The price was also excellent in comparison to other cases on offer. Rotating Faux Leather Leather Case For iPad2 Apple NEW Latest Generation iPad 2 (All Models) - Magnetic Sleep / Wake Function
on 6 December 2012
cheap nasty rubbish - not a genuine product and certainly not quality leather = cheap plastic. keep away and dont buy
on 10 December 2012
Disappointed there's no magnet on this case so the auto lock / unlock doesn't work. But that is as described so has not lost this product any stars.

The case could do with being a bit sturdier; the way we operate it we flick the elastic back onto the case; as that is easiest and quickest way to open it; but after prolonged exposure to doing this; the "lid" part of the case has started to bend slightly under the force of elastic.
Corrected by proper placement of elastic but has lost a star.

Rotating case is a nice feature and using the iPad part itself as the stand means it's not likely to fail over time with weakness.

Protects the iPad adequately for day to day use and bumps around the house.

Easy to apply to iPad. Have recommended this to others.