Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop Men's Shop Women's

on 27 April 2012
This is quite possible my favorite item purchased this year! I love it and so does my two year old son!! I like it so much I wouldn't mind one for myself!

The book case was really easy to put together in next to no time at all. It is very sturdy and well made, it is also a doddle (realy easy) to fix to wall. You can buy this case just plain with no alphabet, but I am so pleased I didn't, the lettering is bold and beautiful and adds a fantastic finishing touch to my sons bedroom, as well as being a real talking point!

The sizes and dimensions are great, with each shelf being set at different heights for different sizes of books, I have stocked the shelves and they are chocker (full) but I haven't counted to see how many it holds, although the seller claims it can hold up to 85 books.

The whole case is a little taller than my son which makes the top shelf slightly too high for him to reach, but as this product has clearly been made to last I have no doubts it will still be in his room when he is old enough to reach

Can't recommend this product enough, although very pricey, if it lasts as long I as expect it to it will be worth every penny!
on 9 May 2008
This is a brilliant invention - kids books are so floppy and fiddly and differently shaped that a "normal bookcase" can't cope. This is why Tidy Books is such a great buy - it's also a brilliant use of space - very very slim, at the moment we have ours on the landing, it fits flat to the wall and my kids can just pick and choose the books when they want, giving them a lot of reading independence without all the mess of books all over the place!
on 23 January 2012
I have a tidy book bookcase and it is excellent. I was fed up with a untidy normal book cases and childs books everywhere I looked at home. I seemed to spend my whole evening picking them up. However, when the tidy bookcase arrived, things changed immediately, Not only can it hold loads of book of all sizes, the kinds love it! From an assembly point of view, it is a piece of cake, and the quality is excellent - take note, IKEA, this is how to make things! Really solid, no sharp edges, easy to assemble and fix. What more could you ask for?
on 14 January 2009
The bookcase is a very good idea. When assembled looks good in the nursery
and works well. When unpacking the bookcase we were very disappointed to find that one of the uprights had been split and glued back together. I also had to redrill some of the screw fixing holes as they were totally out of alignement.
We think it is overpriced for the finished product.
on 15 May 2014
I love this book shelf. The wood is good quality and it was easy to screw the front panels on. The alphabet letters are fun and appealing to children. as the books face forward, It's ideal for storing small books, such as Mr.Men books. My 5 year old can see them easily and he can choose them without difficulty.
I'd definitely recommend it.
on 29 May 2012
I read the reviews on this product and was a bit worried when a few people had said the packaging was damaged etc but thought...what the heck..il make my husband pay for it anyway and if it arrives damaged he can deal with the nightmare that is returning something to Amazon.When we took all the pieces out to assemble my husband began swearing within the first 30 seconds as you cannot build this with a normal electric screwdriver..apparently you need an allan key or allan key head!!..whatever that means,anyway on inspection we realised that ther was infact damage to the unit..a fingernail sized dent/gash out of a panel of wood at the front...we wer already half way through building it so decided just to keep it as couldnt really be botherd with the hassle of returning the item,the bookcase looks great and my 2 year old was so pleased with it when he saw it,he can reach all the books and the unit seems safe enough as long as he dosent climb on it.The only downside is i feel this item is pretty overpriced and the letters that are stuck on the front arent particularly straight either but overall i am happy with the product.
on 27 July 2009
I purchased this bookcase to go in my 10 month old daughters playroom. I didn't want the usual sort of bookcase that takes up lots of room and intrudes on the space in the room. This bookcase has been brilliant. It was packed very well and was easy to assemble. It has also proven to be very sturdy as my daughter crawls over to it and pulls herslf up to stand using the shelves. I like the way it enables her to access the books easily as she is able to take them off the shelves herself,we havent yet been able to teach her to put them back! All in all a good bookcase that looks great!!
on 25 April 2014
Excellent case, which once assembled with the included allen key should be placed tilting against a wall and screwed in at the top against a wall for safety. The screws and back panels make this case really strong and rigid.
on 9 March 2012
This is a lovely bookcase, nice and slim so doesn't take up much room. It holds a lot of books so no worries there. Only thing is, to a 2 year old it looks rather like a ladder so beware of little ones trying to climb! You secure it to the wall so it's not too dangerous in that respect, I just didn't anticipate my son climbing to the top!
Very good quality and easy to put together.
on 8 November 2013
i was looking for a bookcase for my sons bedroom to hold all the small/thin books which he keeps by his bed. he has lots of thomas/mr men size books which fit in the two small shelves, and lots of bigger but thin books which fit in the other shelves. normal bookcases just don't hold these type of books well. if you have big thick books then this prob wouldn't hold very many. also, i wasn't really aware that you had to screw this bookcase into the wall..although this might be more obvious to other people! overall i'm happy with it.. but it is quite expensive

See one answered question