1,183

on 29 May 2011
I didn't expect very much from this sheet, given the price, but wanted something deep enough for our mattress plus over mattress - very deep. The sheet is much better quality than those I have bought from John Lewis in the past. Good cotton, washes well and comes out of the dryer relatively crease free on a warm cycle - not an easy ask for cotton. Has been washed several times and is fine. Will be buying the pillow cases as I am so pleased.
on 26 December 2013
The Item was not as described I have requested on numerous occasions a full refund and a refund of all postage costs. The Item was like paper, not soft or any indication that cotton was 200 quality. I have 200 quality at home with sewn on tags and compared to my original item -this item is nothing like the quality I thought I purchased. The seller was unhelpful and I believe the item was a fake.
on 13 March 2012
My advice would be to purchase the highest thread count you can when purchasing egyptian cotton items. This sheet was much less weighty than I expected it to be, its almost transparent. I bought pillow cases and quilt covers at the same time and the pillowcases are transparent. Having said that I have got used to the sheet now, it washes and wears well, fits my deep (nowhere near 16 inches though) mattress well and is very comfortable to sleep on, lovely and cool. I just wonder how long its going to last given the thickness.

In future when I purchase similar items I shall be ordering a minimum of 400 thread count items. It is a shame you can't get samples before you order so you can have a better idea of what the thread count actually looks and feels like.
on 30 December 2011
At last, a sheet that fits my bed with room to spare.

Nice smooth cool quality cotton, with LOTS of room to fit over my deep mattress, with a matress cover, a blanket and sometimes an electric underblanket and still room to spare so I dont have to stretch the sheet like a drum, as I did with standard Super King Size sheets.

The item arrived in good time, well packed and is very well made..

Extremely happy, and I will be ordering another one.
on 10 July 2012
I ordered a few items from this company one being a fitted sheet. After one use the corner ripped. I rung Viceroy straight away and they said I had to send item back which I did. I never heard from them so a few weeks later I contacted them to ask when I would get my replacement . They said they had already sent it out but I had not received it. They said they would send another one out. I have never received this one! I have rung them numerous times and they never return my call. I now have no sheet which I paid for!!! Do not buy from them they are not an honest company .
44 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 March 2012
We recently purchased a new bed with a very deep mattress so I needed replacement fitted bottom sheets. These are a good fit, nice quality and ironed easily which is always a concern with egyptian cotton as they can appear very creased. If the elastcated sides remain intact I am sure these will last well.

The order was dispatched efficiently and recieved well packaged.

My only dissapointment was that as I am new to ordering on line, I assumed ordering thru amazon was the cheapest. The delivery charge of over £20 for the order was the only negative comment I have which is why I have given 4 stars not 5.
on 29 June 2012
Fitted sheet is ok creases don't come out easily after tumble drying (lovely English weather!!)- nice to have one that fits deep mattress, colour differs from flat sheet ordered at the same time, but due to the hassle I had getting a replacement flat sheet - I decided to use anyway!

NOTE - Now after only 1 week of use the fitted sheet has "rubbed up" and now feels like sandpaper!!!!!!
on 17 March 2013
My comment here is not so much directed at the product as at the way in which it was sold, and to explain, I need to point out a few basics.

First, the product and seven more similar items, were offered by Viceroy-bedding, an Amazon market place supplier, and I one clicked my purchase without studying the embedded pages of fine print.
Second, when I tried to review the delivery charges after this one click purchase, my Amazon account, open orders, showed only the items I'd asked for, without any total for the charges to be made.
Third, when an email did arrive from Amazon to confirm the purchase of eight items and to finally detail their cost at around £52.00, another £42.00 something, had been included to cover packing and delivery.
(To explain further, other UK suppliers can deliver 30 kilo's of goods to Germany, wrapped and packaged in bubble wrap and cling film and in a stout carton, for less than £14.00 and these suppliers often make special offers to reduce this charge.)

A guess at the weight of my order with Viceroy-bedding was a very generous 10 kilos max., so I contacted the supplier via Amazon to complain, loudly, about the order almost doubling in value when their delivery charges were applied.
I was told by Viceroy-bedding, that they had been told by Amazon to charge a £4.00 per item price for delivery charges, regardless of the amount of items sold, and that they had added to this accumulating total, a supplementary charge of £10.00 something, for the first item only.
Viceroy-bedding explained that this was how they had to do business on Amazon, and so they had reduced their per item prices, as advertised on Amazon, to allow for the later applied, highly loaded and obviously incorrect, delivery charges.

(On checking the suppliers own web site, I found that the same per item charge was applied when they sold direct, and so either Amazon has had a lingering effect on how Viceroy-bedding do business on their own behalf, or perhaps they were confused when telling me Amazon had instructed them to price their goods this way.)

I pointed out to Viceroy-bedding that selling at a cheap price, as a lost leader, and making money on the delivery charges was not a fair way of doing business, and that for me, who hadn't read several pages of small print when making my one click order, this was a scam worth reporting to the fair trade office.
The reply from Viceroy was the cancellation of my order, and this was followed up by a reply from Amazon saying that my credit card had now been credited with the amount previously drawn on it to cover the value of this order and the delivery charges..

When I complained about the way this order had been dealt with and charged for by Viceroy-bedding, Amazon said they were unable to intervene with this marketplace purchase, and that from their point of view, the order had been charged for because, as far as they knew, it had already been dispatched from the suppliers premises.
However, this was obviously not the case if Viceroy were able to withdraw and cancel the order before it left them..

In retrospect, Viceroy-bedding's prices appear to be excellent, in fact, one could almost say they are too cheap, and in all honesty, the quality of their products remains a mystery to me, but I do not like the way in which they do business.
I see their sales technique as a corrupted form of commerce, selling at prices that are specifically designed to mislead customers, and, as my choice of a one star rating on Amazon's scale of products has now told me, I do seem to hate it, perhaps because this type of selling produces the bile that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
66 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 June 2011
Having spent the past three years wrestling an extra thick super kingsize mattress into normal super king size sheets only to have it explode out of its covering during the night, it was wonderful to discover these extra deep sheets and finally give up the wrestling. The sheets fit perfectly and feel lovely. I was cautious, only buying one initially but was so pleased I have now bought more. A great buy and excellent value for money.
on 30 April 2012
The sheets are great, extra deep as it says to go over a mattress and 4inch topper, nice quality. My only issue was the shipping costs, £8.95 to post a couple of sheets?!!! Have you over a barrel really as I don't recall having seen these in the usual shops.