on 24 December 2013
I bought these for Xmas because I love Yankee candles and these looked to have a very good selection of different scents. I have used a lot of different brands of candles in the past and although they vary in quality none have matched 'Yankee Candles' to date. For anyone who hasn't bought Yankee candles before these are samplers and are ideal for someone who hasn't tried these before and want to try small samples before buying an extra large one for £20.

Upon arrival, the Jiffy bag packaging was new and intact but the red box holding the candles with lovely design next to the words "Yankee Candles" looked like it had fallen off the back of a lorry, literally, as the lorry travelled at full speed.

Each candle has a similar length and width as a table spoon head and contains a wick that's as long as a 50p piece. Each one contains a different unique colour and scent ranging from a very strong scent to a very mild scent and ranging in scent from sweet to flowery. Each one is pleasant and they complement each other very well indeed.

They light very easily and remain fully lit even when a draught blows through the house. They last for a very long time and when I blow them out before going to bed there are never any issues and I would be more than happy to buy the same ones again as long as the inner packaging was not damaged.

If you wish to provide feedback on this review please follow the link below. Thanks.
on 21 June 2012
Very nice candles, but, I am really surprised they survived the trip to Denmark as the packaging was so poor. They were just shoved in a plastic bag and wrapped in a bit of paper!
22 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 March 2012
The product is good but was disappointed with the packaging. They had taken the box of 18 candles, opened it and removed 3 and in doing so had damaged the box. Had I known I would have preferred to have the full 18. This is a gift and I don't like giving a damaged box as a gift. Will try to find a replacement box to put them in.
22 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 July 2012
Firstly it clearly states that this is 15 Yankee Candle votive samplers - but two of them are Yankee Doodle candles which is not the same brand (seller claims they have been re-wrapped but why on earth would anyone do that?)
Secondly whilst I appreciated I would get assorted scents it was not an unreasonable assumption that these would be from those pictured. Instead in the middle of Summer I got Christmas Rose, White Christmas, Winter Wonderland, Red Apple Wreath, Christmas Eve and Happy Christmas - none of these are pictured.
Also as previously complained about they have taken a box for 18 candles, opened it and removed three, damaging the box in the process.
on 4 September 2012
Really impressed with the selection I received. All were Yankee Candle branded, and a good variety of scents. Packaging was not ideal as quite a few candles have deep dents (from delivery I assume) but as they are only for me I do not mind. Will definitely be purchasing again. Thanks!
on 8 July 2016
This was a good idea to get but when they arrived the smells I received were very similar, which would be good if you happen to get a kind of smell you like. i.e. flowery, plain, fruity. but there wasn't much variance to mx it up. I happened to get very musky smells whereas I prefer the fruity or fresh ones which was a little disappointing.

It is a nice idea but just bad luck I suppose.

I might buy again in the future and see if they send new scented ones more to my taste, not sure.
on 4 February 2015
I thought these were very good value for money. It is a pity they couldn't be put in a more decorative box as they make a great present. I found it very useful to try various candles as you can experiment without committing to a large candle. They did burn for many hours and had a great quality wick.
on 7 July 2014
I repackaged this to give away as a gift to make it nicer, but the product itself is great for fans of Yankee Candles.
on 12 February 2015
I have been using Yankee wax tarts for years and I decided these sample candles have more burn life in them so went and bought two bulk collections as well as a sample candle holder (Which is lovely but no need for it without these candles)
Sadly the scent output on these little candles pale into insignificance compared to the wax tarts! I get a waft of it as I am passing it were as the scented tarts fill the room and even upstairs if I leave the door open.
I have had very large Yankee candles with the 3 wicks in and they DO put out a high scent but not these little things much to my disappointment
So I feel I wasted money on these and I will go back to their scented wax tarts once these have gone.
on 4 October 2015
I decided to buy this sample set of 15 candles, as I have friends who use the bigger candles and the smell is lovely, so I thought I would see which scents I liked best.

My advice? Seriously, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

I only received them yesterday, and have tried three of the samples already, all of them in fairly small rooms, and I'm getting absolutely no scent whatsoever, so really not happy.

I went and searched online, and apparently if the candles aren't kept in airtight containers, or are left in sunlight they can lose their perfume, so I contacted the seller to ask about this (no answer yet), but after searching further I found a reviewer called 'The Sunday Girl' who has tried and reviewed all the makes of candles available in the UK, and advises not to buy the sampler or the small candles, but the medium and big, as the former have negligible scent value.

Unbelievable as they're meant to be samples of those scents, so as I said earlier don't waste your money, they're no better than tea lights. Oh and two of the three candles also melted down one side, so I won't be getting 15 hours out of them either. Absolute rubbish!