on 28 December 2014
This is one of my favorite serials of all time. I don't know why they bothered making a new version. Admittedly it is a bit irritating at the beginning with the children but once past that everyone in it is absolutely unforgettable. I keep pulling it out every couple of years for another good laugh. So what if there are a few problems with screen quality! Much better to be able to see such fabulous ensemble acting than to not see it because of trivial matters such as film quality
on 7 May 2017
This film was very dated in every respect. The acting was wooden, the storyline pedestrian and it was difficult to sympathise with any of the characters enough to care what happened to them. It was I am afraid a waste of my money.
on 3 August 2017
It's OK I suppose but I didn't watch this all the way, I just lost interest but the acting is excellent I must admit.
on 3 May 2013
In The Blessing Miss Mitford describes on of her characters as preferring politics to be conducted lightly by clever men rather than ponderously by stupid men. This drama has been created and realised lightly by clever people.

The detail feels correct. The actors are brilliant. The story is that which is related by Miss Mitford in her first two post war novels rather than a script writers fantasy. It is simply Lovely!!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 September 2017
Quite a solid adaptation that drifts on and on without really going anywhere. Still it's quietly amusing.
on 6 February 2018
Rather silly and superficial. Highlights the very worst of the British class system. More gravitas towards the end but not enough to ever watch this again
on 21 March 2016
This adaptation isn't quite as good as sitting down with the novels but it's a great watch nevertheless. I took it away for a short break when I needed to do nothing for a few days - and I spent the whole of one day watching the entire series. Fanny is i think particularly well portrayed but some good performances all round.
on 13 February 2016
Produced in the days before the intrusive inclusion of "background music" - good acting doesn't need mood enhancing trickery. Excellent cast ,well played drama.
on 11 August 2017
lovely film arrived quickly thank you
on 21 July 2017
Good film, but hated the emphasis on hunting.