Customer reviews

on 14 October 2012
6 Hours 42 Minutes (VIGILANTE Series) This review will no doubt be slightly repetitive if you have read any of my others on the previous books in the wonderful Vigilante series. The only downside to this one is that there is only one more to come.....at the moment..... The series is so unlike my reviews in that each book is so completely different but the thread between them is cleverly maintained, each brilliant as a stand-alone read and all the better for the addictive reader who has followed the growing list of characters at breakneck speed!! 6 hours 42 minutes takes us on yet another roller coaster ride of page turning excitement that left me reading until long into the early hours of this morning unable to go to sleep before I'd finished reading it!! With more great action, you can always be sure that what you think will happen next won't....
on 23 February 2015
This is bk 5 in this series. I have just finished reading this excellent tale. (just a hour ago in fact).... I love this author, sets the pace just right, keeps the pages turning with all the intrigue and the use of so many characters. At first, in this tale, I wondered how I would get along, as the 'badies' all had such long names, luckily they got abbreviated which made it easier as you got into the story. I think Claude Bouchard, the author, could actually see his main character Chris Barry as James Bond, 007..... he could certainly audition for the part! I love the banter between the 3 main characters (just two of them in this tale as Captain Dave McCall is on vacation) it keeps what could be a really depressing hard hitting topic, lighter, thus no nightmares after reading. Well worth reading....
on 22 January 2015
When I started this book I wasn't sure that I was going to be able to get into it as easily as I have the previous Vigilante novels ,there were so many characters to remember , who was who ? And what were they supposed to be doing ? But fairly quickly I was drawn right into yet another thrilling book . So much so that I managed to read it in less than a day , I couldn't put it down.
Not a 'who dunnit?' Type of book this time but many plot twists and turns that I definitely didn't see coming.

As for the 'bad language' talked about in another review , I must say I didn't find it excessive or blatant . The book deals with unsavoury characters and scenarios , naturally there will be some cussing .
on 29 August 2014
Read the review by J Cook and was almost put off. Expected swearing every other word. Bad review by this person. Not as he/she says. A short book but well written and "mind time" which is what you buy a book for. Kept thinking how is this book going to fit into the time scale. It does. Will read others by this author.
on 28 March 2013
I started this book with the misguided belief that I'd be able to foresee any plot twists and storyline, but I ended up not being able to put it down and totally absorbed in the journey the author takes you on. Not at all predictable for me. Definitely worth reading!!
on 7 January 2013
Great as always form Claude Bouchard on the edge of your seat until the end,the suspense throughout the book is gripping.
on 20 September 2014
Think that this one is the best of the series so far.
on 14 July 2015
Very well written
on 4 May 2013
The bad language is the most prominent feature of this boring read. I've actually put it in the bin as I wouldn't want to subject anyone else to the level of the unnecessary bad language....Apart from that, the plot was tolerable but certainly didn't rate highly as a thriller.