on 20 March 2012
i bought these wires for my AKG Q701s with a Fiio E5 to drive them on my iphone. what do you know the wire brakes the next day. the wire was not in half something went wrong inside the wire i dont know why and the music was only coming out randomly
on 11 December 2010
After weeks of trawling the internet for a dock cable to connect my ipod to my mini and after several failed purchases, one that works! I never knew it would be so hard to find, but there you go. It's cheap and it works perfectly, sound quality is excellent.
on 19 March 2011
I bought a new car recently. It has a connector in the glove box to connect your ipod to it then plays through the radio. VW wanted..wait for it £39.99 for the lead, not a chance, so to Amazon. I found this connector here and it seemed the perfect lead for my needs so I ordered one.
It arrived on time as usual from Amazon and is perfect for my needs, yes it is very, very short but it reaches my connector and works perfectly for my needs. It seems very well made so it should last, and at the price it was a good purchase. I'm very happy with it.
on 13 September 2011
This cable allows you to play ipod content through an aux input without having to consider the volume level on the ipod, unlike playing back through the head phone jack.
Produces a nice clear sound but cable needs to be longer to allow ipod to sit beside or on the hi-fi or somewhere near to the aux connection in the car without being right on top of it. Ipod connection also a little flimsy as the plastic body can easily seperate from the metal connector. It did clip back in but may need a drop of glue to prevent it happening again.
All in all worth getting for the sound quality playback but consider looking for another one with a longer cable for more flexibility in where the ipod can be sited.
on 14 February 2013
i recently bought the fii0 6 amp, and had to buy this as my headphone jack is temperamental with certain cables. works perfectly, however it means the ipod recognises my headphones as a speaker, disabling the volume control, meaning i have to use the teenie tini buttons on the amp.
And why in the name of all that is holy do these companies insist on charging so damn much for a cable that probably cost under 10p to produce! some fo the fii0 cables are £20!!
in summary, if you need one of these, you'll have to pay whatever they ask for but it'll get the job done.
on 20 July 2010
Amazon has done it again to me, I wrote out a review for this fiio line out cable, published it to Amazon, but for some odd reason and without notifying me why, they haven't published it, they've done the same with a review I wrote for a pair of Monster Beats by Dr Dre headphones, so I now have to go and re-write that one too, pretty annoying but anyway now onto this product.

This is a great little lead, it's great if you wanna use a headphone amp, provides a cleaner signal than the Ipod's headphone out, for the money it's great value and I highly recommend it if your looking for a budget line out.

It's overall sound isn't as good as from Ibasso's line out dock (check out hifi headphones, mine's the one that can be used with any 3.5mm audio cable) and I would say the Ibasso is worth the extra money, it provides you with more options, I'll keep that for indoor use with my Ipod and perhaps a mains connected, full sized headphone amp when I get the money in the future, but for the Fiio E5 and more portable needs the Fiio line out is a great solution, with very good build and sound quality.
on 17 February 2012
This works just fine, but there's absolutely no proper strain relief at either end of the cable. The dock connecter is even worse because the cable isn't even held tightly by the hole it passes through. All in all, this bodes ill for the length of time this'll survive flexing. I'm in the process of trying to bodge a fix, maybe using a combination of superglue and electrical tape.
on 27 August 2013
Purchased this to go with my Ipod touch and Fiio portable amp..
There are more expensive versions but this is fine. the lead is thinner than most but means it's more flexible as i've heard the other one is so thick you can't bend it... It is cheap and the build quality reflects this, but good value..
Recommend.
on 21 May 2013
Purchased this August 2012 and at first it was just what i was looking for as a connector in my car and worked well but for the last few weeks has been intermittent connection. Only getting sound from left hand speaker, so cannot recommend this as a good buy.
on 7 July 2013
Lasted for about a year untill it started to loose contact on the ipod connector side.

Bought a cheap ipod connector with a female jack port that you can use with a dual male jack cable, that I'm using and is much better.