Customer reviews

Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.81

on 5 May 2018
I bought this as a present for a new mother, having been a fan of Ina May Gaskin for some thirty years. The path to breastfeeding successfully can be a tricky one to negotiate and with so much else going on in a new mother's life, it can be simpler to just give up and start bottle feeding, with all its subsequent feelings of disappointment and even guilt. Ina May deals with all the issues with a fierce practicality and deep sensitivity. Lots of other people's experiences included too. Highly recommend this for all new mums.
on 27 April 2017
One good thing about this book is that it highlights all the reasons one should breastfeed and how amazing it is for the mother and baby on the other hand if you intend to buy this to learn or to prepare yourself for your breastfeeding journey, don't waste your money.
One person found this helpful
on 4 March 2013
I really like Ina May Gaskins books ,and I think this book gives a well rounded understanding of breastfeeding,a little pushy now and then ,it also gave answers to questions I felt a little to embarrassed to ask the midwives (hey If your like me you honestly had no clue about breastfeeding) I will recommend this book to all my friends when they decide to have children
on 18 August 2017
Great book x
on 29 September 2014
I love her approach to all the challenges that having a new baby brings, especially in this book in terms of breastfeeding. Its made me look at it in a new light that can only help my practice as a midwife in the future.
on 12 October 2016
Very thorough. Unsurprisingly this book is US focused and I found myself skimming sections on changing US policy and breastfeeding culture. Aside, from this I think you'd struggle to find such an easy to read and complete breastfeeding book.
on 28 February 2016
on 28 December 2014
Excellent book. I found this to be the most useful book I bought when I was pregnant. Its easy to read but very thorough.
on 9 February 2015
Excellent inspiring and practical guide, essential reading for all expecting mums and dads, also midwives, health visitors, obtetricians.
on 7 April 2015