on 28 December 2012
I really want to publish children's picture books and this book really didn't help me. I still don't know how to do it which is a real shame. Would love it if a dedicated section or book was published, I'm sure there are others like me who would like to take this route.
on 17 September 2013
If you would like to publish your treasured novel, without going through the usual channels and rejections, it is well worth reading this handbook, as Amazon walks us through the process of converting our manuscripts to ebooks. And, it's free!
on 16 April 2016
Very simple to use and excellent finished product. User instructions were easy to follow and avoided any mistakes. I would recommend using it for making your book immediately available to a large audience. My book was my first effort at self-publishing and I was surprised how easy it was. My book is entitled: "Growing up in the Lower Swansea Valley - the Memoirs of a Naughty Boy in the 50s and 60s". Fun to write and fun to piblish
on 3 June 2016
A straight forward easy to understand guide to submitting your e book for publication by Amazon. No frills, no hype, just helpful hold your hand information. However be aware this is not a step by step guide to actually writing and formatting your book.
on 8 April 2013
Short, clear, to the point. I haven't yet uploaded the first 4 books in my new Myrddin's Heir series of books yet. That process is waiting on the completion of the website - myrddinsheir.com. That blessed event is still two or three weeks away; but I have no doubt, having read this "book" - it's a pamphlet really - I will do so without any difficulty. Well worth the purchase price - which of course is 0p!
on 28 March 2015
This is quite an interesting and informative guide about publishing on Amazon Kindle with KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing). The book contains a lot of information which you can use to guide you in publishing your book. I will admit that going through it initially does seem a bit daunting, but hopefully you can use the contact us link to get any necessary help from Amazon, when you have any questions. All in all a very helpful guide.
on 10 February 2011
I had already downloaded the App for PC which in itself is brilliant.
The guidance from Amazon is detaled and goes beyond the actual upload. It covers the whole experience including the essential bottom line of 'getting paid'.
However, when creating my files for Chasing Rainbows, I was amazed and excited in turn to find that the preview was in the Kindle format. There was even a sample of an actual Kindle!
An excellent customer experience.

Rosalie Marsh
Author.Chasing Rainbows: with Just Us Two
review image
on 7 August 2015
In brief, complicated and out of date. I have yet to come across a kindle book with a 'Preface' in it, while a recent magazine article (August 2015 edition) suggests publishing a book on 2 other such sites, in order to then publish a kindle book for free. E-reader books are classified by the book as Digital.
on 31 August 2013
It does what is says in the book, take you on a simple step by step guide on how to go about publishing on Amazon Kindle.

I had a novel, written many years ago, sitting on my computer wondering how it could be published. With this book I was able to format my story and even design a front cover in order to set it up ready for publication.

The downside was that I fell at the last hurdle. I was not interested in making money so would have been happy for it to go live at £0.00 but Amazon do not allow that. Further as an American company I was asked to fill in tax forms and inform the American IRS of my private UK affairs in order to get royalties on a sale no less that $0.99. Needless to say I declined and so my novel will never see the light of day.

Come on Amazon let us publish free books.
on 6 June 2012
The guide was not helpful enough on a number of areas. There were no screen shots and no help with the use of editors. Guidance on adding pictures was particularly poor. The book was obviously written by a technical expert and not reviewed by an "idiot savant" - a user with little experience. Overall disappointing.