Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Handmade Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 7 February 2013
unless you are a full time builder this will more than do for your household needs, very powerful, not too heavy so it's easy to manage.
if you have to drill through hard concrete it does it really easily, mind you, with a masonry drill bit. The cable it's two meters long so that's also a plus.
I've learnt my lesson, no more cordless drills for me, really, the power difference between one and the other it's very significant and you have to be recharging the thing after just a few holes which is quite inconvenient, all in all a really good basic drill.
on 6 January 2014
I have searched for a while, both on the high street and online for a drill that I could handle easily and safely. The drill my husband uses is much too big and heavy for me to use for small household jobs, and hobby requirements. I was never happy trying to use it - in the end, just asking him to do a small drilling job for me.

This lovely little B & D drill was made for people who just need a neat, lightweight, handy tool to get a small job done, quickly and with no fuss or bother. Great for installing picture hooks, and accurate screw fixing, without straining your hands and wrists, plus the good old fashioned keyed chuck technology is so easy to use when mounting the drill bit or screwdriver bit.
on 15 October 2012
This is the only match I could find to replace our lovely & reliable age ol' 350w Bosch model within any kind of an un-silly, am-not-a-full-time-builder price range. It tends to have the strength of the Bosch in speed of torque & pressure, if a little noisier (stronger motor though). I found a few good reviews for it on Sainsbury's site which is the best I could find of anything to give me the go-ahead nod! (And I'm very familiar with investigating)! - AND this drill has the more reliable chuck head drill bit jaw... much better than the quick release types as they don't tend to last so long on drills of this capacity, especially (nor even on most of the trades heavy duty type either, come to that).

I found it pretty comfortable to hold & operate - even with my quite small hands.

Another plus is that this one is no heavier than our ol' Bosch. If it lasts half as long, it has still done well at that price, these days.

Remember - use good drill bits which is what does more than half the job.

Good Luck with yours. Go wake the world people! :-)
on 9 December 2013
I needed a small drill that was ready to go when I was. This one is exactly it. For that little job around the house that you need a drill for. No more waiting for a battery to charge. Worth every penny. Do I recommend this?. I certainly do.
on 10 February 2015
So I’m about as useful with a drill as I am with a pair of dancing shoes. That said, I needed a decent, cost effective drill for some minor DIY jobs around the house. Given the price and recognised brand (sure, trademen will tell you B&D aren’t the best brand in the world, but for amateur DIY’ers like me, they’re a recognised brand I feel I can trust.
I bought this drill and it arrived next day. Unfortunately it doesn’t come in any sort of case, but fitted into my old drill case perfectly given its compact size.
Performance wise it has been excellent. I’ve put up shelves, curtain rails, blinds etc. drilling into wood, brick and stone without any problems. The drill feels well made and suitably powerful for in-home DIY.
It would be nice to have another handle to help guide the drill, but this is a minor gripe.

Tip: make sure you use a good drill bit and replace them regularly. If you’re using a decent bit, this drill is more than sufficient.
on 1 March 2013
As a hoary old time served engineer I needed a cheaper drill to replace my 19 year old Bosch middleweight, which itself had replaced a 22 year Black & Decker; hence I wasn't expecting too much. So this arrived after a week and I have to say nearly overwhelmed me with the plusses. Lots of plastic, no chuck key, but a comforting weight. A plasticky box with several neat features. My breath was then taken away with the additional, extensive drillbits for both wood, metal and brick. Then two small banks of screwdriver bits. Well, if it sees me out it will prove a good buy. The product description understates the specification. The jury remains out, but watch this space!
on 2 February 2013
Superb product at a great price. Shame whoever packs and dispatched it couldnt care less about their customers, but luckily mine arrived undamaged and is just what i need.
on 8 January 2013
Putting up kitchen shelves. excellent job, easy to handle, efficient and accurate, manoeuvres into reasonably tight places, effortless in completing the task
on 6 February 2016
The chuck is too small for the only drill bit I have, I went to B&Q and it turns out this drill has a smaller than standard chuck at 10mm, most are 13mm.
Sent it back and bought another one as no good for me.
Bought this to drill holes into the outside brick wall to fit a key safe. No problem using masonry drill bits and didn't get hot like I expected it to.

Update: 2nd September, 2014. Was drilling holes through a plastic bird bath (no, it didn't have any water in it!) and it started to act odd as if I had set it to hammer even though it wasn't on hammer. Then it would stop working altogether and I would have to play with the top switch and even occasionally wait 30 seconds before trying it again. Then it stopped working altogether, so it went in the bin. A bit expensive considering I've only used it twice, once for the key box and once for half a bird bath. Perhaps they should label it 'disposable' so you can throw it away once you have used it!