Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 October 2013
Lovely atmospheric yet original and fresh; this is a delightful piece of work and I thoroughly recommend it. If you liked the 'Look' there is much more to enjoy here.
on 31 March 2014
Not the sort of music I normall listen to, but this is tremendous. Full of catchy hooks. The Look is just tremendous. Good time music.
on 24 November 2011
This cd is so good! At first I listened to "The Look" but all the songs are really good. I can recommend buying the cd at Amazon.com
on 15 October 2014
Excellent Album. Saw them at Leeds 02. The wife loved it. It didn't because the studio recording is much better. Horses for courses.
on 28 April 2013
METRONOMY NAILED IT!! EVERY TRACK 10/10!! SO GOOD I BOUGHT THE VINYL TOO! CANNOT RECOMMEND IT HIGHLY ENOUGH!! BALLY MARVELOUS!!!!
on 4 December 2015
I think it is one of the best albums in my life. Reminds me cold wave and new wave songs from 80's but it is made in newest way.
on 17 February 2012
fantastic album. best music purchase of 2011. i would highly recommend it. keep up the good work, cant wait for the next album
on 19 June 2011
I came across this band purely by chance. I overheard Everything Goes My Way on the club's stereo system when I went to see another band play last week. I absolutely HAD to find out who this band was. The promoter told me that it was Metronomy, and I so gutted when he also mentioned that they had played in that same venue just a few months ago! Because this has to be one of the best albums I've heard in quite some time. It seems like it's a concept album about Torbay - the album opens with the sounds of seagulls and waves, and instruments reminiscent of seaside fairs such as fairground organs are weaved throughout the songs. Joseph Mount has also definitely tapped into some sort of zeitgest among many of us who grew up in the eighties and early nineties. The new wave and funk feel of many of the songs definitely take the best elements of the music of that era and turn it into something new and exciting. The best songs on it are A Thing for Me (which has a wonderfully bizarre karaoke-style music video), Corinne (very Pixies-ish!) and The Bay. To be honest though, there aren't any weak tracks on here at all. I'm now off to do something I very rarely do and actually buy the CD versions of this and the two previous Metronomy albums!
on 9 January 2014
eclectic, individual, and some top notch musicianship, much hyped in recent times, but easy to see why. Great album this.
on 23 April 2015
Awesome. One of those increasing rare albums that you listen to from start to finish (and get taken on a tour of Totnes)