on 8 November 2011
Good points:
Infrared works well.
Daytime view good too - in good colour.
Zoom is somewhat useful.
No discernable problems with WiFi interference (either from or to)
Sound ok.

Bad points:
Can be a little slow to switch on video when on sound-sensitive mode.
Can't turn off irritating beep on button presses, which is quite loud.
Power jack into camera is not as tight as I'd like it to be.
Noise from the electronics it quite loud on parent unit.

But good value, and works well.
on 9 January 2013
We purchased this in October 2011, and our daughter was born in March 2012. We use it every day and we haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. The battery life holds really well - our daughter is in her cot during the day for 2 hours in the morning, 90 minutes in an afternoon and an hour in the evening. When the monitor is not plugged in and charging, the picture goes off, but you can change that so the picture stays for 30 seconds, 60 seconds or 5 minutes - we have it on the 5 minute setting. The unit is unplugged from when she first goes to sleep in a morning and is switched on and off when she is in and out of bed, and isn't plugged in until we go to bed in an evening and it holds its charge all day. I only flick the video on if I need to check on her.

I do have the picture zoomed in, as her bed is in the middle of quite a large room. The temperature gauge is very accurate - we live in the Middle East and have the air conditioning on all the time so I know what her room is set to, temperature wise.

At night, when the unit is plugged in, the light coming from the unit is very bright. However, I just turn it onto it's front - I can still hear our daughter if she cries out in the night, but am not disturbed by the light.

There is quite a lot of static noise coming from the unit most of the time, but I put that down to the noise of the air conditioning unit.

All in all, I think it's a very good monitor unit and would certainly recommend it. It also has the ability to have another 3 cameras linked up to it, if you had a couple of children in different rooms. You'd have to flick between the cameras, but it would mean only having one parent unit, instead of two. I certainly don't think it deserves all the bad reviews it seems to have.
on 11 September 2012
We bought this product for peace of mind,the only plus point is the fact that it's a digital monitor
Negatives; the infra red flickers on and off,so you lose the image regularly throughout the night
The power cables for both camera and monitor are very loose,especially that of the camera,which is proving a nightmare
The battery life is awful,it turns red in a maximum of 15 minutes of unplugging it..so you can't really 'carry' it around
The most recent fault is the monitor chooses to turn itself off without any warning,so you assume baby is ok as you can't hear anything,but its actually turned off
Overall a very bad buy,were currently looking for a new monitor. Hope this helps.
on 6 February 2012
Can't fault the picture quality and the range on this,the only problem I have though is that it interferes with my WiFi network in the home,at first I though my router was playing up,I have a Laptop,mobile phone,Psp and an Xbox that all suffer poor connectivity when I use this device which is a shame because I'm actually using it in the daytime as a room moitor to keep an eye on an elderly person I look after,If i was using it at night as a baby monitor then it wouldn't be a problem,guess thats the price you pay for having such a long range transmitter in the device.
on 27 April 2012
These are okay for the price but try get cheap second hand version. Sound is awful and fuzzy most of the time although you will still hear baby. Controls are fiddly and not always easy to figure out. The image is flickers in and out especially at night and I hate having to have a camera with a removable plug near childrens cot. Not great probably not worst on the market but I wouldnt pay more than £30.00.
on 21 January 2012
I bought this as I liked the idea of hooking it up to a computer, however I didn't notice it was missing several important features. There is no night light setting, no two way talk and no lulabies, so if baby is restless you have to get up everytime as there is no way of settling them by talking to them or playing music etc.
on 25 April 2014
The screen is clear but not that big. It works well and picks up noise signals as described. Only if it was more duarable as my intermittently stopped working due to the cable working loose. You dont expect this when paying for an expensive item.
on 18 December 2011
EXCELLENT PRODUCT GREAT VALUE AT AMAZON, VERY GOOD QUALITY PICTURE, ZOOM OPTION TO AND THE CAMERA HAS A GOOD POSITIONINGS
on 10 August 2013
We were bought this as a gift and it's served us well over the past year & a bit. The picture is good and the sound activated feature saves having the video on all the time. We only had the monitor unit plugged in overnight and the battery easily lasted throughout the day. We found the temperature feature very handy, too.
On the negative side it really interfered with our wifi at home and also a couple of other places we stayed to such an extent that we couldn't connect to the Internet at all over wifi unless sitting right next to the router. The on/off button has now completely broken so we can't use the monitor unit (but I don't think dropping it a few times helped much with that!). The lowest volume setting was still very loud and there was quite an annoying high-pitched noise when the video was on. It would have been nice to have the option of turning off the beep on the buttons too.
Overall it works well and has some nice features
on 26 October 2013
Pros-
Good quality picture and sound.
Night vision quality good, you can see when baby's eyes are open.
Sleep mode function is really useful for saving on battery and during the night.
Signal is good, no interference.
Temperature display is a great feature to have.

Cons-
Screen is fairly small compared with other monitors on the market but it serves the purpose well.
Has randomly turned off a few times over the past 18 months unexpectedly.
Battery life not brilliant but does mostly suit our needs.

This is a really good, affordable, simple video monitor. I would highly recommend it for people looking for a step up from an audio monitor.

I couldn't be without our video monitor, it has proved to be worth every penny! Every parent should have one!!