TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 August 2015
I have used 10 of these discs so far and they all burnt flawlessly and worked fine afterwards. There have been reports of recordings deteriorating on BD-R disks over time, and it remains to be seen whether these will suffer this problem. I would recommend handling them carefully to avoid fingerprints, burning at a slow speed, storing in a cool, dark and dry place, and periodically checking to ensure the data is intact. If these are to be used for backup (as with any discs), I would ensure I had another backup on a different type of device such as a hard disk.
on 14 August 2017
Usually in the store, price of products are more expensive than online, but I found the same price and quality in the Internet is such a good product, very good in general. This will come in handy Just What I Want! These are great Work amazingly well Seemed to good to be true I feel this is an excellent value
on 2 August 2017
Reliable Discs.
on 17 October 2015
Excellent, Good value for money!
on 21 July 2015
VERY GOOD
on 10 September 2012
Great Product. I have used TDK for many years and never had a coaster (DVD & Blu-Ray). Thats why I ignored the bad reviews and purchased this 10pk and I'm glad I did. Burnt all 10 no problems at all. A great price for a great product. I believe a lot of the bad reviews are made by newbies to the art of blu-ray burning its not as simple as DVD and a lot of failures are due to poor choices of software and hardware not the TDK disks.
on 24 April 2012
Media details:

25GB TDK 4x BD-R, 25pk Spindle, Branded non-printable
Made in India
MID: PHILIPR04-000

Details:

Lesson number one in optical media burning - learned the hard way by many who lost their precious data they thought safe - is to never believe that just because your favourite burning software says that a disc has been 'successfully burned', you actually have a good quality disc on your hands! This is far from being true, particularly nowadays when media quality is becoming a bit of a challenge, and even good brand names compromise on quality beyond acceptable limits. Unfortunately this media is one such example...

The only way of getting an accurate enough picture of how good a disc/burn actually is (at the consumer level / using consumer level tools), is to carry out a proper 'quality scan' using one of the BluRay drives capable of performing such scans (typically drives based on the Mediatek chipset which offer this capability). Those interested in such things can find lots of useful info at MyCE.

These TDK discs use a PHILIPR04 MID ... and they are of very poor quality. It is a pity that TDK have chosen not to use their own high quality TDKBLDRBB-000 MID and went instead for the cheaper and lower quality PHILIPR04 (Media ID). Unfortunately this choice of cheaper MID really shows. Some PHILIPR04 MID discs can be quite good (I had good experience with some KODAK branded 4x BD-R media in the past), but this new batch used by TDK are complete rubbish. They might as well be qualified as factory rejects which should go straight to the bin!

I've got several Blu-Ray burners and plenty of Blu-Ray burning experience, and I tested this media on all of them at both 4x and 2x (hoping for better quality). Quality scans performed on this media burned at rated speed (4x) with Pioneer BDR-205, Pioneer BDR-206M, LG BH10LS30 and LiteON iHBS-212 burners (all with latest firmware and all in top shape) are from very poor to disastrous. Burning these discs at 2x gives slightly better results, but still VERY poor. For those interested, quality scans have been performed using both the LiteON iHBS-212 burner (at 4x) and the LiteON iHES-208 combo drive (at 6x).

Verdict:

A good example of how a good brand name such as TDK, exploits its own brand name in order to sell poor quality 'value line' media (and presumably making a juicy profit in the process), instead of their normal high quality 'Made In Japan' TDK MID discs.

Pros: Absolutely none!

Cons: VERY poor quality media. This media is complete rubbish - do not trust it with your data, or you will live to regret it! Avoid at all costs!
1010 Comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 July 2012
As optical media goes, there is good media, ok, and bad. This sits firmly in the OK arena. I haven't had a disk failure, or where data hasn't been read back from the disc. However having scanned these disks after a burn I wouldn't put my faith they will last for a long time. They have VERY high LDC (BD equivalent of CD's C1 and DVD PIE) at about 100 for the first 20GB, then exceeding 2000 on the outer 5GB. The BIS (C2 or PIF) follows a similar trend. Before you ask, all burnt on ASUS leading Blu-Ray burners.

So, like I say although these figures are poor, the discs do work. If you're creating home movies or discs to transfer files then they're fine as they are readable. Creating for a back-up? Spend the money and get better discs.

Side note - This trend has followed throughout all of TDK's brands, including DVD's and CD's.
on 21 November 2013
These are exactly the same as the tdk blurays from mainstream retailers. For the price i was expecting maybe a cheaper version but no they are exactly the same. I paid £20 for 5 packs, other retailers sell them for £20 a pack, absolute bargain.
on 24 July 2013
This is the first time I have had a Blu-ray recorder, and I was not sure which discs to buy for it. So not wanting to spend a fortune on discs.( just in case) After looking at the reviews, and seeing someone who had the same model Panasonic system as myself. I decided to give these a go. I have only used one so far, but it worked a dream. I will try some more, and if I get the same results, then I will be over the moon.
One thing to report, the packet said 135 mins in HD, which is just over 2 hrs of recording. But on my machine I get about 6 hrs of HD content, recording HD programs from TV on a 25GB disc. The program I recorded onto this first disc was over 4 hrs long, and came out perfectly. I was even able to give it menus, with a little movie on the side. Looking at the disc, I have nowhere near used the full capacity of this disc, so where 135 mins comes from makes no sense.