Customer reviews

Size: 1.5L|Colour: Red|Change

on 28 February 2016
The seal on my last Sigg bottle broke after 6 years of loyal service (and my fault really due to how I hold it via the lid). So I decided to get a new one in this flashy red. I'm quite a fan of the smooth metal as opposed to my previous 'mottled' [?] bottle in black. Totally didn't get this due to a new red coloured car.

Siggs are like land rovers, my old bottle had paint chipped off (this bottle doesn't appear painted, but I may be wrong), dents and a well worn lid/cap. I've spent more time with it than my wife as it comes near enough everywhere with me. If you're a water freak [you should be] then you need a big Sigg. They're perfect gym partners also.
on 15 September 2016
Very visually appealing. Dents very easily but that just adds character, one could say.

I have left tap water in the bottle for a fortnight and the lining has done its job. The water was perfectly drinkable, unlike regular bottles (metal or otherwise) that don't prohibit the growth of organisms.

My bottle has lasted 16 months. It has started to exhibit the problems mentioned by others, that the lining flakes...degrades. The first time I noticed this was when I took a sip and felt flakes of "plastic" in my mouth, they were a yellow colour matching the interior of the bottle. Looking inside the bottle I couldn't see where exactly the deterioration was.

Shame lovely bottle and for the price paid I would've expected it to last a lot longer.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 April 2016
My first Sigg bottle is twenty years old and counting, has picked up a few dents but very few scratches (which says a lot for the finish), was lost once, found again (bright blue is useful as well as attractive) and is still in great condition all things considered!

No doubt this new one will last just as well as the old. This really is a 'classic' item, there's no comparison with cheap imitations and it's well worth paying for the quality; great value.
on 3 October 2015
The bottle developed a stale water smell even though it was washed on a daily basis. I used sterilising tablets but that would only solve the problem for a day or two and became an extra chore. Also the lining started to come away from the lip of the bottle. I thought a brand such as Sigg would be reliable but unfortunately it wasn't. It's a shame as the bottle is attractive and a good size but ultimately not delivering on its purpose.
on 25 March 2011
I bought one two of these as a gamble and I was really pleased that I did, so I ordered another as well! Been told I need to drink more water, so I filter it and then drink it from these as plastic, apparently is now also bad for you! Used to spend so much on Evian Water bottles, then thought against the plastic part!

In a nutshell, these are amazing quality, keep the water cool for some time, the convenient handle on the top makes it easy to carry both the bottles using my fingers whilst I carry other items with my hands (if that makes sense!).

5 Star all the way, they are bottles and meant for carrying water so don't expect any other surprises!

Thinking of buying more when I travel! Only down side, I am always making sure I don't clatter them together or drop them in case I make a dent in the bottle!

Would also suggest you buy the tablets to clean them, I use one every 6 months to give it a good rinse out or after I put something other than water in them!
on 3 July 2017
Been using Sigg water bottles for years and always found them to be of good quality. Needed extra capacity for an expedition so bought this 1 litre bottle. Unfortunately the seal on the lid started to disintigrate and left a gungy ring around the top of the bottle and small white bits came off. My old sigg bottles performed as well as ever. It has always been worth spending more on Sigg but these bottles are not what they used to be.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 December 2016
Bought my1st one in the late 80's, Bought my second one a month or so later, sadly I had to buy a 3rd one a couple of years later, I left it on a table at an outdoor Ed centre came back a couple of minutes later and it was gone. Sigg bottle make water taste better, probably something to do with what looks like a brass lining.

My youngest son never like drinking water, I suggest he try one of my sigg bottles. His comment, tap water is better from a sigg bottle. That was about 8 years ago. The 2 bottles are still going strong, The. Boy has taken them to university. I have just bought a new sigg water bottle 2016. Best water bottles I have ever had, great product. They pay for themselves, why buy water in plastic bottle.
on 3 June 2016
Great bottle, feels solid and nicely made and is a nice size for daily use. I'll often fill this first thing in the morning and not drink until the afternoon (once I've got coffee and lunch out of the way) and by then the taste of the lining has affected the water. I'm assuming this won't kill me, but it's very noticeable on a hot day.
on 7 September 2016
I bought two of these for myself and my partner as we needed decent water bottles to take on walks. We ordered one red and one Alu and they arrived quickly. I don't think he has used his yet but I started using mine on a daily basis for work as they are brilliantly light weight and very forgiving when dropped and thrown about in my bag. So far it's held up amazingly. Would definitely recommend.
on 9 November 2012
The SIGG bottle is very light, seals effectively, and lasts a long time before the internal coating wears out - assuming you use it just for water. That coating prevents any artificial taste being added to the water. It also means no plastic chemicals are leaking into the water - the major problem with plastic bottles is the health risk from those leaking chemicals and hormones, especially for men.

I have not tried the bottle with acidic juices, however, and so cannot comment on how long the coating will last under those circumstances.