on 7 March 2012
I have really seen a product on Amazon with such mixed reviews. I bought one of these, new second hand if that makes sense, 3 weeks ago for £25 or so, which I think is a fair market price having used it every other night or so since then. Here is my ha'penny's worth....all the reviewers who complain about the poor build quality are right - the screws (like on knee pads) do come undone and need tightening every time its used, I now keep a few screwdrivers up in my loft room where the Ab Circle lives just for this purpose. The rollers are very bad quality, as other reviewers have complained, and seem to be a long way through to scratching through the paintwork, god knows if this will end up making the machine unusable in short order. And the centre bar almost always comes out, though if you hold yourself high and forward and press down with your knees, this minimises it. So all in all, its a really badly built product, quality issues with almost evry major moving part.

But here's another thing....it actually works. 3 mins of this a day for just a few weeks, and I am already noticing a major difference in my 42 year old paunch, it is actually receding. Its astonishing actually, to get such a return for such a small investment of time

So if you want to tighten your tum, you should probably buy this and put up with the rest. If aesthetics, good design and high standards of manufacture are what you are after, then give it a very wide berth!
on 31 May 2011
This is not as easy as it looks in the TV ads. Your weight is on your arms as you lean forward. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone prone to wrist, neck or shoulder problems. I haven't been using it long enough to see any effects, but it's got to be better than no exercise. I like the fact that it only takes 3 mins. Obviously as you become used to it this can be increased. Some other reviews have commented on the pads not being thick enough and causing pain in the knees. There certainly is some discomfort and I can only imagine people a bit on the heavier side, like myself, will feel this more. To be honest, while my knees did suffer a bit, it was really the pain in my wrists and neck that were the problem. Would have liked some wheels incorporated into the back two feet. I don't know how I would get it in and out from under a bed as the feet would not drag easily across carpet and they may damage wooden floors. Also I don't know of too many beds that it would fit under without first removing the handles. Can't really see anyone being bothered to do so, I personally just stand it against a wall. I shall keep at it though, as I am determined this will not become another dust collector.
on 13 July 2011
The product is OK. Used correctly and regularly, it does yield beneficial results. It is important to watch the intro video before you begin so that you understand optimal body position, how to move correctly, and the full range of exercises for which the device can be used. Failure to adhere to these guidelines (and it is tempting to just jump onto the thing and have a crack yourself without watching the video - I mean, what's so complicated about swinging your backside to and fro?) can lead to injury and early degeneration of the equipment, which leads me onto the second really important point. Make sure you tighten the moveable parts before each use. An allen key is included in the kit for some parts, but you will need an adjustable spanner for the central bolts on the pivot in the middle of the machine. It also helps to wipe down the outer rail (over which the pivot arms move) before each session as the paint from the rollers does rub off onto the rails and causes extra friction thereby hindering the smoothness of the swinging motion. There probably are better and more effective ways of getting a six pack out there, but at least the Ab Circle Pro can be fun and takes some of the drudgery out of regular exercise.
on 28 August 2011
I knew the minute I started assembling this equipment that it was a waste of time. The workmanship is very poor - none of the bolts align with the holes properly, so you have to use a hammer to bash them out if you want to fold it away.

The whole thing feels flimsy and poorly constructed - it actually lifts of the floor when I swing from side to side.

The knee-cups are very uncomfortable - they are screwed in with big screws, covered by a very thin little foam disc. When you've been on it for over 2 minutes these screw-caps begin digging into your knees.

The handles one grips onto are flimsy and shaky, and have fallen off on more than one occasion.

In brief, a totally disastrous waste of money. I'd recommend doing sit ups or other ab exercises instead.
on 5 August 2011
The product is a great idea but it has a design fault

The two bars that hold the moving circle do not secure it against the structure

We have had to use masking task to hold these two bars in place otherwise if they come lose, if they do it is incredibly dangerous
on 23 July 2011
THIS PRODUCT IS OK!!! IT HAS HELPED ME TO TONE UP I CAN UNDERSTAND CHECKING THE KNEE REST BOLTS EACH TIME YOU USE THE CIRCLE PRO BUT EACH TIME I USE THE CIRCLE PRO I HAVE TO KEEP TIGHTING UP THE BOLTS UNDERNEATHHE MACHINE.IT IS ALSO NOT AS STURDY AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE,AS A MATTER OF FACT IN MY OPINION THERE IS A DESIGN FAULT WHEN YOU HAVE TO KEEP CHECKING THE BOLTS UNDERNEATH BEFORE AND AFTER EACH USE I WILL CONTINUE MONITORING THIS PROBLEM.BEFORE I FEEL THE NEED TO ASK FOR A REFUND I DO NOT THINK THIS MACHINE LIVES UP TO WHAT THE ADVERT STATES EVEN ALTHOUGHT IT HAS TONED ME UP
33 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 February 2012
The Exerciser mechanism has come loose several times and has now broken completely. I have sought a replacement in case my purchase was just a bad example. I have provided, through Amazon, proof of purchase to the provider but still await meaninful communication from regarding a replacement.[[ASIN:B004LQ0JLO Ab Circle Pro Abdominal Exerciser
on 14 June 2011
I thought about this for ages and promised myself that if I spent the money I would use it. I saw a difference in the first week or two, but as it takes up a lot of space once I put it under the stairs it has begun to come back out less often. One problem is that after a few minutes of me using it, it has started to squeak (don't want to wake my little boy up so stop) tried oil but can't locate where the squeak is coming from. I slipped out of it once and really hurt myself so now I rotate the knee things backwards so the ridges hold my knees in, knee pads are useless. I will use it but need some extra motivation now to keep me going like when I do a set routine I last longer. But i've looked at the dvd routines you can buy but thats another thirty pounds... I don't know whether to invest as they might not be that exciting. However it's better than doing sit ups and it's not hard to do once you've got the hang of it, so, if you have the space i'd recommend it.

I have not used this product for months and months because I can't face the thought of getting it out of storage and putting it away again. It's dangerous and too big to leave out as my son tries to climb on it. This was a waste of money for me, I do my DVDs and ride my bike which has given me better results.
22 Comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 January 2012
used this item for all of 30 seconds, knee came of and hit the bar underneath causing a split in my knee, swelling and bruising, should not be available for sale. Very unhappy with product, my son also tried using it and his knee came out of position and hit the floor. NOT GOOD
on 23 July 2012
The metal arms at joining the knee supports at the top, the nuts and bolts keep slackening off and causing the metals bars to rock.
Also the plastic rollers under the knee supports are starting to wear down and this after only two weeks of use...not constant use but three to four minutes a day.