on 16 January 2012
A really good price for this box set. I was a bit concerned when I first got them as the back of the DVD's are not written in english, however all the programmes are in english you just have to turn off the subtitles. I have nearly finished watching all of them and they have been good quality and very enjoyable. Delivery was also nice and fast.
on 8 October 2013
This is a Dutch product and all writing on the packaging is in Dutch. Menus are also in Dutch but it is easy to turn of the Dutch subtitles. The episodes are all in English so once the subtitles have been turned off it's plain sailing. There are all 9 series in this set and I'd forgotten just how good this programme was. Series 1 is where they 'find their feet' and the interaction between Roseanne, Dan and their kids is pretty much pure one-liners - and very funny.
However, as the series progresses you begin to see something which was a first in US comedy series as far as I can tell- the family begin to experience the real problems that many normal 'blue-collar' families face. Kids wanting birth control, businesses struggling to stay afloat, arguments about missing curfews, dislike of daughter's boyfriends, bullying bosses, businesses going bust, kids moving out of the family home.....and still there are plenty of laughs and superb put-downs.
This series was a true trailblazer and represented a watershed moment on US TV.... showing not all families got along. It is a real pleasure to watch again and at the price I paid - £44.95 - for around 150 episodes it represents fantastic value for money.
One final point - picture 'sharpness' is not superb and some episodes have moments where the picture 'jumps' around a little - it only lasts for a minute but sometimes it feels as though you are watching a video transfer to DVD. Nothing to worry much about, though, and certainly doesn't spoil your enjoyment of this great series.
Damn...as I write this i see the price is down to £39.95! Get it whilst you can!
on 16 November 2015
Item arrived before it was supposed too. We have noticed that the colour flickers from time to time. But we can live with that. We can also manage getting through the Dutch text and turning off the subtitles as well. A fantastic sit com that never gets repeated in the UK.
on 16 August 2013
This box set like others on sale came with the packaging written in Dutch. I wanted an English Version but there doesn't seem to be any on the market at the moment. I was reluctant to open the sealed box set in case the DVDs were in Dutch. I contacted the seller who assured me that they were just subtitled in Dutch but apart from that the whole box set was English. He was correct! Once the subtitles are turned off these DVDs are all English. They are so funny. I watched Roseanne as a child the first time round now I'm watching them with me children (14 and 10) and they are loving it! It's a shame that there's nothing similar on TV. It's a simple concept - an average American low income family - but it's so compelling. I like that they don't dwell on the fact that they are not wealthy.
I highly recommend this box set for hours of family entertainment.
on 2 December 2015
Forgot how funny Roseanne was, thoroughly enjoyed watching it again,could you please include in your description of this that you need to take the subtitles off by using the remote control. Took me ages to find out how to get rid of them. Lol
on 21 June 2013
Had completely forgotten all about this series so popular during my childhood. Likely stumbled across it by chance and it has proven greater fun then expected or remembered. If, like me, you grew up with this on the telly it is well worth reviewing this series again and find out what a great little gem this series really is. A great success with the family too who had not experienced Rosanne before- definitely makes up for some great family time together. You get to see a number of actors starting off their acting career here too which is a bonus. In my experience, Rosanne is the mother of all modern family sitcoms out there.
on 11 March 2016
I bought this because I always watched it because it reminded me of our family, and I was given the first series as a Christmas present this year. One of my grandsons watched it, and loved it as much as we always did, so bought the complete collection so we can watch them all again. Great service from Amazon, as always.
on 19 April 2014
When I ordered I thought it was a UK DVD of the Roseanne series, but turns out it's from the Netherlands! It still worked as we have a region-less DVD player, and it was still in English but with Dutch subtitles which were easy to turn off. Also all the print on the back of the box is in Dutch and the DVD menus, but it didn't really bother me and was pretty easy to guess/figure out. So as long as you're okay with all of that it may be worth buying instead of all the UK DVD series individually which is all seems to be available through Amazon.
on 4 July 2016
Very happy with this product. As most others have noted, its extremely easy to turn off the foreign subtitles and after that you would never know it was an imported boxset. All 9 seasons for such a great price, very impressed.
on 6 October 2012
Series 1-8 is solid gold comedy and watchable again & again but season 9 with the whole 'dream' sequence etc... was a bit poor. There are still some great moments in the last season but it doesn't compensate at all.
Great price for a full collection and its worth every penny.